• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hitting burst limit on <0,8 second intervals

#1 steinardo
Just received my pro timer 3 and is experimenting on my Canon EOS 70D. An issue I have is that for intervals shorter than 0,8 seconds, the camera can't keep up after a number of shots - the shorter the interval the less number of shots before the interval is broken. It works fine down to 0,4 seconds with jpg-files only, but not for RAW.

I assume this have nothing to do with the timer, but the write speed/buffer capacity of the camera/SD-card. To my knowledge 70D only supports UHS-I cards, so I don't think I can increase the write speed further with a new card (?).

It is not a major issue for me as normal intervals are longer than this, but if there is a workaround I would be happy to hear about it (except a new camera ;-)
#2 Gunther
That's an older camera and you can certainly try a faster memory card or some other measures to optimize (for example shooting compressed raw, no additional JPG) - also make sure to have AF off etc. Everything that can help the camera to act faster might help, but certainly you won't reach the performance of a Z 9 :-)
But of course, the LRTimelapse Pro timer can trigger faster than many cameras can write/recover. :-) You'd need to find the optimal settings for your camera. Also check out the manual of the timer, where I explain how to fine tune the timer to your camera. https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: