• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intervals are longer than what's set in LRTimer

#1 starman99
My timelapse exposures are set to 3.2 seconds long. LrTimer is set to an interval of 3.7 secs. However when these are imported into LRTimelapse 6, the intervals are showing 7.4 seconds long. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would love to have some insight into this problem. Thanks. Rick
#2 mopperle
According to your numbers the darktime is 0.5 sec. This might be too short for your camera to write the file and so every 2nd picture is being skipped. What happens when you choose an intervall with >= 4 sec?
Gruß/regards

Otto
#3 Gunther
Exactly, obviously the camera is skipping frames. Check out the section in the manual about fine tuning the LRT PRO Timer to your camera on https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual/ to learn about the minimum Dark Time - how to figure it out, how to optimize it.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 starman99
Thanks!
#5 starman99
Which camera(s), in your collective experience, have the shortest dark time?
#6 Gunther
I have good experience with Nikon Z cameras and also Nikon DSLR Cameras but usually most "system cameras" from a certain level (as opposed to cheaper compact cameras) should perform well. Make sure to have a fast memory card.
#7 mopperle
My Canons (6DMII and R) also have a short darktime. But it also depends on some settings in the camera how far down you can go.
Gunthers eBook about timelapse fotography gives a lot of hints, but the book is in German only.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#8 starman99
Gunther, what dark time are you able to achieve with your Z cameras?
#9 Gunther
No, the Ebook is available in English, Spanish and Chinese too! https://lrtimelapse.com/ebook/

Minimal Dark times usually are 0.3/0.4 secs.

...also check out: