• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Urgently need help] Time-lapse for evening to night milky way

#1 bethpapa
hi guys
i need help urgently.

I would like to know how to take a holy grail time-lapse from evening to milky way (~8hrs).
I am using PULSE running on bluetooth that could control ISO, SS and Aperture of my camera.

I know that my milky way will be around f2.8 30" ISO3200. ... so should i start with an pre-set interval of 30" in the evening with my first frame to be f2.8, 1/xxxx ISO100 (depending on the exposure).

I tried before with an initial interval of 10" and slowly extend to 30" during the milky way but the final video is not smooth. Is this due to the changing interval time?

This is the last lapse i did 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XeE9JX70mQ
#2 Gunther
For me it looks as if the pulse would be missing frames causing those jumps. Check the interval column in LRTimelapse to see if that's the issue.
From my experience the pulse is not the fastest intervalometer and especially when the exposure times get long (short dark time) it might miss frames.
I'd recommend to use a faster external intervalometer, that does not trigger via USB but via the regular trigger port. And do the ramping manually or via qdslrdashboard.

Posted mobile via Tapatalk...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: