• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

how best to edit out pesky persons with heal brush in Lightroom

#1 smhanrahan
I used LRTimelapse to make a lovely timelapse video of a Matterhorn sunset but it has 4 people in it wandering around the horizon during the whole sequence. I have tried many times to edit out those people in Lightroom, but when I use LRT to render the video they are still there! Saving the edits in LR does not work. I've tried many different workarounds with no success. Can anyone please tell me the most efficient way to do those edits such that the edits survive into the final video. Funny thing is, I successfully did this in LR years ago to remove planes flying all over a night sky timelapse but I have not been successful this time. Thanks for any suggestions.
#2 Gunther
If you stamp on non-keyframes in Lightroom, LRTimelapse will overwrite this if you do the normal "Auto Transition". If you want to preserve such stamping, you need to hold Shift key while clicking on Auto Transition. This will preserve the Cloning.

Another approach would be to leave while editing with LRT/LR then to the export via LRTExport Plugin and do the Stamping/Cloning on the exported intermediary sequence before rendering. Here you could use Photoshop or even After Effects. If you use After Effects, make sure to export the sequence with the same naming scheme that LRTimelapse expects then you can still render the fixed sequence in LRTimelapse afterwards.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 smhanrahan
Thanks for your quick response. FYI, I am running LRT 5.6.0 on a Mac.
I tried the first method you suggested using shift-click on the Transition button but my stamp edits were not saved as you suggested. I should mention that the tool-tip for the Transition button states " Shift-click omits brushes and clone stamps". At any rate I have tried both Transition methods now, to no avail. I am probably hindered by a relatively poor understanding of the inner workings of both LRT and LR which makes it difficult to figure what can be going wrong.
I hope you might be able to provide some further suggestions for this first method to work, as editing in LR is so quick and easy. If not I guess I'll have to try Photoshop.
Congrats on 10 years. A really great product!
#4 Gunther
Another option would be to just do the full workflow in LRT/LR until before the exporting without stamping.
Now, right before you would export, set the filter to "Full Sequence", find the images you would like to retouch, use the clone stamp on them and then export. Most likely the easiest variant.
I'd also recommend to save the Metadata for the full sequence after doing that.

Now it's only important to remember, if you want to reedit something, that any further "auto transition" on this sequence would delete the stamping, unless you hold shift while pressing the auto transition button.
#5 smhanrahan
It works! There was one weird artifact but I won't bother you with that at this time.
Thanks for your help.
#6 Gunther
If you get artifacts in the rendered video, please see this faq: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-wei...5#pid39015

...also check out: