• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How to check Export Rec.2020

#1 djoubert
I understood that since the 5.5 release the default export is Rec.2020.
is it the export from Lrtimelapse or the jpeg export from lightroom ?
My question is how to check this setting in lightroom ?
I did not find where, and I am wondering if this is due to my Lightroom version ? : still LR6...
also I am wondering which tool allows to check for a jpeg file which color setting are ?
Thank you
Dominique
#2 Gunther
There is no setting. It's just the default now for the intermediary files. Nothing to worry about.
In LRTimelapse then, when rendering, you can decide if you want to render the videos in Rec.709 (default) or Rec.2020 (for advanced users).
LRTimelapse will also show you in the render dialog which color space the intermediary sequence is in.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 djoubert
Thank you very much, this helps me.
I am checking different settings to understand an issue I am facing...
- with the prores BT2020 / full range , the color are not so "good" than with prores BT709 Full range?
#4 Gunther
To be able to Master and Playback in Rec. 2020 you will need to use Software for playback/editing that can handle that and is fully color managed. Just rendering in Rec. 2020 and then playing back in an arbitrary player which would not recognize the Profile correctly will lead to wrong colirs as you are experiencing.

There are a couple of FAQs:

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-dav...s-with-lrt

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrt...er-effects

https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition

Sent mobile...
#5 djoubert
Hi Gunther,
Thank you véry much for your answer with the keypoints about the display tool and the links to some forum threads
Thank you very much to help me to find what I did wrong.
To summarize my try and checks so far:
-with the information you sent me in your first answer, I was able to verify by launching the LRT rendering that my jpeg sequence is indeed "BT-2020"
- about the display tool, I have been using MPC-HC for long, since you mentionned it in the forum and I have checked that the colorimetry management is applied
- I am comparing 3 screenshots from the first images in MPC-HC displaying the following files - I just add a prefix to be able to keep the parameters
LRT2-jpeg_ProRes-422_BT2020F_OriRes_30_HQ
LRT3-jpeg_ProRes-422_BT709F_OriRes_30_HQ
AdobeME-prores-422HQ-LRT_[00850-01149] / file rendered with Adobe media encoder from the same jpeg
If you have a look to the related screenshots, the LRT3 gives nearly the same than the AdobeME file, the LRT2 gives a different color
I have the same differnces with video level L or F
One more time, I am thinking about something wrong in my workflow, not a LRT issue
I would appreciate any help to solve my issue, and possibly I could send you the jpeg ?
Thank you
Dominique
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Hi Dominique,
could you please compare the files in DaVinci Resolve, which is one of the few programs that handle Rec. 2020 correctly.

Also you'd need to have a color managed monitor and habe configured your color management on your computer correctly otherwise it won't make sense to use Rec.2020.

I've send you the link on how to configure Resolve and activate the CM in my last post.

Sent mobile...

...also check out: