• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval inconsistent.

#1 rayj
Hi there,
Just recently bought the Lrtimelapse pro 3 and just wanted to ask something. Firstly I shoot with Canon mk iv and I find that when using an interval of about 0.5-0.6 second interval the sequence shoots fine for about 60 frames and then starts to buffer irrespective of shutter speeds. Less of an issue with a compact flash card and more so with the sandisk extreme pro sd card. Is this normal? I have tried all the usual stuff, turning off image preview etc but it still happens,
And secondly when I am doing a normal timelapse..no holy grail or anything and I set an interval of say 4 secs on an exposure of 1/200 of a sec, the interval time row in Lrtimelapse can vary from 3.8 to 4.2. This never happen with an ordinary external intervalometer.
Is there something I am doing wrong or is this normal behaviour. Any help or tips would be appreciated.
Rgds
Ray.
#2 Gunther
0.5 or 0.6 seconds is already a very short interval. Everything must be working perfectly together for this to be reliable. If you already set everything on the camera correctly (image review off, autofocus off, single shot (not continuous), etc) and have the fastest meomry card in that you have at your disposal then you could continue fine tuning the LRT PRO Timer's settings to your camera. This is described in the manual: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual/
Section: Fine tuning the LRTimelapse Pro Timer to your camera

Slight deviations in the interval are totally normal and nothing you need to worry about or you would even notice. This happens due to the way that cameras write the exif data (many cameras write full seconds only), then the intervals would be rounded to seconds and you wouldn't notice such deviances at all). LRTimelapse reads the date/time capture stamps and tries to calculate the interval from them. As long as you don't see red colored interval cells in the table (which means a deviance of 1 second or more) everything is alright.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: