• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Interval Shutter with an arbitrary shutter speed in the sequence

#1 7oq4rfk8s@mozmail.com
Hi there,

I'm considering purchasing LRTimelapse Pro but I'm not sure if it is capable of delivering what I'm interested in. I'm planning a project where I need to have the ability to program a sequence of shots with arbitrary shutter speed such as: 1/125 s, 1/30 s, 1/8 s, 1/2 s, 1/2 s, 2 s, 8 s, 1/60 s, 1/15 s, 1/4 s, 1 s, 4 s in this particular order spaced two seconds each. I'm figuring it as a series of shoots that can be saved as receipts. Is this feature implemented?

Many thanks!

Pere
#2 Gunther
Hi Pere, this is a very special request and currently not a feature in the LRT PRO Timer, sorry.
Would you share with us, what's the use case you are trying to accomplish with this?
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 7oq4rfk8s@mozmail.com
Hi Gunther,

Sure. The idea is to create a sequence of shots for a total solar eclipse. During the partial phases the plan is to use a simple intervalometer function but during totality there is the need of very accurate timing and very different exposures for different phenomena such as the diamond ring, Baily’s beads, prominences and corona exposing for different radii. Of course this can be achieved with an external laptop but I'm planning a dual camera set up, one with a laptop and a tracker mount and the other with some kind of programmable intervalometer, and that is what come to mind thinking of LRTimelapse pro.
#4 Gunther
Many cameras allow to setup bracketing shots with definable number of images and step size.
So what you could do in your example is set a step size of 2EV and 7 or 8 images in a bracket.
Now you'd need to program the LRT PRO Timer in Astro/Bulb mode, set the Exposure time to the sum of all exposures (Like 1/125 + 1/30 + 1/8 etc.) let's say the combined time that the whole bracketed shot needs is 3 secs, then set the exposure time in the LRT PT to 3 secs and the interval to 3.5 or 4 secs. This would make the LRT PT "hold" the shutter for the time to complete the bracketed shot then release the shutter briefly and then trigger it again.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 7oq4rfk8s@mozmail.com
Hi Gunther,

I will consider this solution. I will check how bracketing works in my camera (canon R5) because I don't use it very often and will study the feasibility of this approach. Many thanks

...also check out: