• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

iOS App for Holy Grail (or other solution)

#1 DeeJay
Hi Gunther
Can you recommend an alternative to Zoltan's ControlMyCamera iOS app? My point is not to rehash once again in this thread the long-suffering topic of Apple vs. developers. Since my hardware and software is focused on the Apple universe, I'm not interested in the "buy-a-cheap-Android-tablet" solution. Like most photographers, I own (too much) equipment and I don't want to buy more equipment solely for a single application. The cell phone is now always with you, therefore an app is in my opinion a perfect solution. Do you have a feasible and realistic tip?
Cheers, DJ
#2 Gunther
There is no other option with the same featureset and performance. Otherwise I would not recommend this option, which I still find absolutely feasible: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-qds...6#pid48396
Every other solution would also be an additional piece of hardware.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 DeeJay
Thanks for the super fast answer with which you confirm my assumption. So there is no way around ControlMyCamera, at least in terms of software? That's a pity, since an agreement between the parties is apparently not in sight in the near future. Wouldn't a platform-independent solution be feasible?
#4 Gunther
That was a platform independent solution that Apple literally "killed". How would any independent developer justify to spend months and years developing an app for the apple platform if he/she takes the risk to just get banned voluntarily?! Personally I wouldn't.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: