LRTimelapse Forum

Full Version: iOS App for Holy Grail (or other solution)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Gunther
Can you recommend an alternative to Zoltan's ControlMyCamera iOS app? My point is not to rehash once again in this thread the long-suffering topic of Apple vs. developers. Since my hardware and software is focused on the Apple universe, I'm not interested in the "buy-a-cheap-Android-tablet" solution. Like most photographers, I own (too much) equipment and I don't want to buy more equipment solely for a single application. The cell phone is now always with you, therefore an app is in my opinion a perfect solution. Do you have a feasible and realistic tip?
Cheers, DJ
There is no other option with the same featureset and performance. Otherwise I would not recommend this option, which I still find absolutely feasible: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-qds...6#pid48396
Every other solution would also be an additional piece of hardware.
Thanks for the super fast answer with which you confirm my assumption. So there is no way around ControlMyCamera, at least in terms of software? That's a pity, since an agreement between the parties is apparently not in sight in the near future. Wouldn't a platform-independent solution be feasible?
That was a platform independent solution that Apple literally "killed". How would any independent developer justify to spend months and years developing an app for the apple platform if he/she takes the risk to just get banned voluntarily?! Personally I wouldn't.