• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 joartho
Hi,

I've downloaed the free version of LRTimelapse. Now I'm in love. But my relationship has some serious problems, and I don't know if it's my new love LRTimelapse, or my evil mother in law, java, that is causing problems in heaven.

Ok, enough with the cheesy story. My problem is that after a while, LRTimelapse just crashes. But it is java that is reporting the error. I've never before had any problems with java. My system is Windows 7, 16GB ram, the latest java, and I've tried LRTimelapse 3.2.1 and 3.1.

It seems that LRTimelapse crash after I do some changes to keyframes etc. If I try to make the holy grail perfect for example, with adjusting in LRTimelapse and saving metadata, reading metadata in Lightroom, going back to LRTimelapse and do some more changes, back to Lightroom to read metadata, and back again to LRTimelapse and do some more tweaking ----> BANG, crash. Sometimes after 2-3 changes, other times after 6-7 changes.

I really love LRTimelapse! And I'm very close to buy the private license, but I won't spend about 132 dollars on a software when it crashes all the time..

Any suggestions would be very welcome Smile
#2 Gunther
Hi Joartho,
this is not common. Didn't hear about that problem yet.
Please make sure you have installed the latest 64bit (!) java from here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Uninstall all other java installation prior to that.
Then try again.
If the problems persist, please send me the logfile (info menu / log).
Thank you!
Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 joartho
(2013-11-09, 01:42)gwegner Wrote: Hi Joartho,
this is not common. Didn't hear about that problem yet.
Please make sure you have installed the latest 64bit (!) java from here:
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
Uninstall all other java installation prior to that.
Then try again.
If the problems persist, please send me the logfile (info menu / log).
Thank you!
Best
Gunther

Hi Gunther, thanks for the quick reply.

I do have the lates java version (at least java.com told me that), but tomorrow I will try and uninstall java and install it all over again. 10 minutes ago I got the same java error again, but this time I didn't change any settings or anything in LRTimelapse, I only had LRTimelapse open without using it. I had it open for maybe 15-20 minutes without using it, and suddenly I got the error message. But I do know that nothing else on my computer is causing this error, because it only occurs when I'm running LRTimelapse. When this error occurs, LRTimelapse shuts down, and I can't open it again before I log of/restart my computer and log in again.
#4 joartho
Here is the error message:
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#5 joartho
Hi again,

Just want to report that the error seems to be gone. I uninstalled java from my computer, and reinstalled it. After this, I have not had any errors.
#6 Gunther
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad it's working now.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: