• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ken Burns Effects

#11 gks
(2011-06-28, 22:31)gks Wrote:
(2011-06-28, 11:44)gwegner Wrote: Hello gks,
It never happend to me "in real conditions" but I could reproduce this issue when using auto-transition and setting crops that are very near to the borders. Lightroom has a very strange algorithm to calculate and store the crop parameters sometimes this interfers with the smoothing of the auto-transition, because every corner currently is animated separately (I will have to change this)

I'm going to look into this a little bit further if I have time, meanwhile my advice is: try to avoid border contact when rotating because in that case Lightroom not only rotates but also shifts the crop thus leading to sometimes unexpected results. And try not to make too exagerated changes of direction when using auto transition.

Thank you for finding this.
Best regards
Gunther

Thanks for looking into it!!!
Last comment for now: I did the above described "experiment" with corpping a square out fo the center of the pictures - far away from the borders using linear transition.
Just to let you know when you're looking into it ;-)

Greetings, gks

Just to close this thread - it's solved with LRT 1.4 - GREAT !!!

Thanks, Gunther
#12 Gunther
gks Wrote:Just to close this thread - it's solved with LRT 1.4 - GREAT !!!
Thanks, Gunther

Thank you for your great support in finding the issue!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 Phoonkw
(2011-03-16, 00:47)gwegner Wrote: Thats easy: crop the first image, synchronize to all images, crop the last image differentliy, make a transition - the crop will be animated. You can move, zoom, rotate...

Hi Gwegner,

I am a new user of LRTimelapse, I am learning timelapse and the reason why I want to use your software is because you mentioned that your software can create Ken Burns Effects. I am a lightroom3 beginner user.

Do you have a tutorial / video on how to create the above effect?

I should be using this effect very often for my timelapse creation if LRTimelapse is proven to be an easy application for creating Ken Burns Effects on my timelapse, as such I think it is fair that I donate to support your software once I start using LRTimelapse often.

Appreciate your reply.

Thanks a million!
#14 Gunther
Hi and welcome ;-)

Have you actually watched the tutorials I made? You find them at http://lrtimelapse.com on the tab "tutorial". You should definitely take your time to learn how LRTimelapse works. If you once undestood the concept you will know how to make Ken-Burs as well. I is as simple as changing the crop of the start and end image in lightroom and than making a transition between both. Certainly you can make more complex animations as well.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#15 bfreeman
I really find it easy to achieve this sort of manual effect and true enough, it can be as easy as cropping the image, have it take effect to all the other images on your list. I find it quite odd though that you have to crop the last image differently when you could already achieve it just the same, right on the fly. Though the effect the animation on the crop is really something great (with a few changes to zoom and its orientation of course)

...also check out: