• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Latest promo video clip

#1 john.cardasis
Gunther & all those others in a lapse of time,

Sorry for the late coming to wishing all a healthy new year.

Gunther, thanks for the heads up on the "Los Angeles Timelapse Film Festival" I had no clue of any such thing.

Meantime I had been trying to get this promo video to you since finished it mid Nov, but a failing hard drive on my administrative
machine put me a bit behind & into the holidays. I also would have ctc'd you direct from past emails, but all on that computer & not
a good time to purchase a new system & was hoping to push into 2023 tax season.

Anyway, this is 1st attempt to share any of my work with the rest of the TL folks. Since we last communicated (Apr2020 ish) I believe
I've managed to evolve & improve both my shooting & processing technique. I'll attach a YouTube link for anyone who might be interested
in previewing it. Comments appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kDePCLoxZo

Heads up, it has music track.

Thx again G
John Cardasis
#2 Gunther
Hi John, thx for sharing!
There are some really nice scenes in there.
The advice I would give you is to use shorter Intervals and longer Exposure times (ND filter). Do everything a bit slower. This would also cause less Artifacts on youtube. Of course the music is a matter of taste, in your case it matches the fast pace of the video. Personally, I would have loved to see a bit more from each sequence and therefore also a slower music. Also the end is quite abrupt.
But this is some personal suggestions to further improve some very nice timelapse compositions! Keep up the good work!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 john.cardasis
Thanks for the suggestions. Original clips all 30-40 sec & sped up to approx 10-15 sec. As this was produced for an intro & variety of my work, I was advised by one of the Canon technicians to keep clips to 5-7 sec. I completely agree with you that longer & slower produce a much nicer clip.

Will work on the end of clip.

As far as the music, after reviewing about 60-70 clips from Adobe I chose 5 & tried each. The one I used seemed to match up perfectly with the changes of speed & light without any adjustments, so thought best just to leave as is.

Also, actually my 1st attempt at a compilation clip like this.

Thanks again
John

...also check out: