• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Lens profile not applied / vignette in LRT 6.5.4 but not in LR

#1 ptr22
Hi,

Enjoying LRT so far and already had a few successful timelapses in the past. I now bought the private license, updated to 6.5.4 and all seems to work as usual...apart from a strong vignette I'm getting in my preview as well as in the final video result.

In LRC, the lens profile is on and, once engaged, no vignette is visible. However, in LRT that doesn't seem to work and I can't figure out why. My camera custom mode seems to be based on A mode, so I can't use the Holy Grail mode in case that'd make a difference but 'manual labour' seems to work great...apart from the vignette.

Any idea what I could try?

Thanks,
Peter
#2 Gunther
Do you have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed? Link on https://lrtimelapse.com/install - please double check.
When editing the Keyframes in Lightroom, please make sure to have the lens profile applied on the very first keyframe.
Then as you edit the keyframes make sure to edit from left to right and use the Sync Script (see basic tutorial) to bring the settings from one to the next keyframe. Double check that the lens profile is applied on all keyframes. Now save Metadata from Grid-View (G, select all keyframe images) and save Metadata. Now in LRTimelapse continue the workflow. The lens profile should be applied to all images in the Visual previews.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ptr22
Hi Gunther,

Thanks for your swift reply! I have had the latest DNG converter installed and unfortunately, still no luck following the video again. With the internal render of LRT, the lens profile won't be applied (within LRT), on the preview you can already see the vignette. Just to test though, if I import the metadata from LRT within Lightroom (Read Metadata), all of them have the lens profile and my test 'over compensated' vignette applied, meaning it gets lost somewhere in between.

For now, I can live with exporting all from LR, especially as you mentioned it's better quality and will have to use FCPX or else to make the video. However, I liked the convenience from within LRT. Smile

Thanks,
Peter
#4 Gunther
Hmm, I tried it here and the Profile Corrections and Lens Profile do get applied in the visual previews.
Can you send me one of those images along with the XMP file for me to test? Please send via WeTransfer to support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#5 ptr22
Just shot you those files over. I also get a colour shift towards green I can't explain yet, maybe you have an idea.

Thanks!
#6 Gunther
Thanks I will check it out tomorrow and let you know.
#7 Gunther
Hi Peter, I looked into your files and can confirm that the specific internal lens profile that is been used on your images doesn't get applied when the DNG Converter creates the previews. This might be a bug in the DNG Converter, maybe that specific lens profile is missing or it doesn't support embedded profiles for the previews. However, if you change the Lens profile to any other one in the list (in Lightroom) those will get applied in the visual previews. The easiest way to check this is to open LRT and LR side by side, have LRT displaying the VP for the image your are working on in LR, then make any change to the editing in LR and hit Ctrl-S to save Metadata. The change will immediately also be applied to the VP in LRT.
I'm pretty sure you can achieve the same lens correction also with the manual lens correction also - especially since for your shot only the vignette matters anyway.

The second report that you did about the colors being off in your final video when using LRTExport and Rendering in LRT, I cannot reproduce. I exported as JPG sequence (Preset JPG 4K) and then rendered in LRTimelapse with the "Standard Full HD" preset and also the "Standard 4k" preset and the colors are quite accurate on my color managed system with a color managed player. Of course, there might be minimal deviances (photos and videos live in different color spaces).
But color management is a complicated topic and there are many factors involved. The most important is, that your system is set up to do color management right and the applications that you use (including video player), also support it and are set up correctly.

Check out my faqs:
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-the...htroom-lrt
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whi...-rendition

Since you seem to speak German, if you want to dig deeper into the topic of color management, I'd recommend these tutorials: https://gwegner.de/foto/tipps/farbmanagement/

I hope I could help!

...also check out: