• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom barely working after using LRT

#1 paf6169
I recently bought a new laptop and have not used it much, it's an ASUS ProArt Studiobook with an Intel I9-13980HX, 64Mb of RAM and an NVIDIA RTX 3000 card. I have the latest version of Lightroom, LRT and Adobe DNG converter installed. I have made a few videos with LRT, but today something went wrong. After making the normal workflow, the laptop got stuck at the visual previews, almost at the end. It did not finish, had to reboot the laptop finally. After that, Lightroom does not work properly, taking forever to do the simplest of thing, its unbearable to say the least!!! I'm using Sony camera, ARW files. Please, HELP
#2 Gunther
LRTimelapse does nothing to Lightroom. This is not correlated.
Reboot your computer, lightroom should work as always. If not, it might be something with the LR catalog, but again, this is nothing that LRTimelapse has any influence on. It's rather possible, that lightroom is doing some indexing in the background, check the activity bar.

If you find that LRTimelapse' Visual Previews creation is too heavy on your computer, go to Settings / Expert Settings and lower the amount of parallel processes. Restart LRT after the change. This should lighten the load on your system.

Best
Gunther
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 paf6169
So, explain to me then the different LRT masks implemented into LR if LRT does nothing to LR? I have a specific folder, that has the LRT masks and as soon as I begin to work in that folder, all gets downhill. I think the other folders with timelapse sequences and with LRT mask also get slow as soon as i work on them. Everything worked perfectly until LRT did not manage to finish visual previews on a sequence and had to reboot the computer.
#4 Gunther
Of course LRTimelapse edits XMP metadata and creates Masks on images of a timelapse sequence, but it does nothing to Lightroom itself or in general. You reported that your Lightroom is not usable anymore after using LRTimelapse, an this is just impossible.
At any time you can select the images in Lightroom that you edited with LRT and "RESET" the develop properties, then those Masks will be gone along with all other edits.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: