• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

lightroom camera profile + lr cc

#1 xxxx
Hi all,
I just spent an hour searching the web, now I'm asking here. I have a new camera (sony a7s2). Where can I download this new camera profile for Lightroom(5,7)? How do I install the new camera profile in Lightroom? Do I need to buy Lightroom 6?

Gunther: what will you do if adobe stops selling lightroom and only offers the cloud version as they did with all their other products? There's no way I'm gonna use the cloud and I'm not alone with that decision. Are there alternatives to lightroom that you could team up with? Or will you develop your own alternative software?
#2 Gunther
I think there are so many misunderstandings regarding the "cloud" version. It's absolutely the same then the standalone version. Not much to do with "cloud". Just a monthly subscription - all cloud options are absolutely optional, I don't use them. I think all in all it's a very good thing - especially the photography cloud is a real bargain.
But on the other hand, I don't think Adobe will be stopping selling the stand alone version.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 xxxx
I managed to talk to adobe. LR5 is not supported anymore. I need to upgrade to LR6.

Gunther: LR is one of that last adobe products available which doesn't need the internet to work. Why wouldn't they force users into their cc rent model in the future? They did so with all other their other products. I'ld be happy if you found another host for LRT, or perhaps develop one yourself, one that accepts new camera profiles without having to buy an upgrade and doesn't need the internet to work.
#4 c_joerg
Quote:[size=medium][size=x-small][font=Tahoma][size=large]or perhaps develop one yourself, one that accepts new camera profiles without having to buy an upgrade and doesn't need the internet to work.[/size][/font][/size][/size]

[size=medium]RAW developing is not trivial and a lot of RAW stuff is protected. I would guess, that cost much more time as developing lrtimelapse… but that’s my guess.[/size]

[size=medium]But why do you need new LR? I thought, you need only a new DNG converter. And this converter is free and the DNG includes the camera profiles …   [/size]
#5 xxxx
I installed the latest dng converter. The profile didn't show up im LR5. Then I tried a bunch of phoneNo s until I finally had a human being on the phone at adobe. He siad LR5 isn't supported anymore, so if I want new camera profiles, I have to get LR6. I managed to buy LR6 upgrade with his help. Good luck trying to find that on the adobe website. They're still selling it but hiding it, because they want everybody in their cc model.
I assume it won't take long and the only new LR available will be cc. Gunther might like that but many users including myself don't. My work pc is offline and I like it that way.
#6 Gunther
Please read what Alan Dyer has written about CC in this thread, it might clarify some things.
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-vide...tar-trails
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: