• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lightroom edits are not applied during rendering

#1 Tobse
On the new M1 MacBook Pro, I did the edits as I had done before on other devices. I have no problems until the final rendering.

The preview window in the render dialogue shows the edited Lightroom images, as desired. However, the comparison of the first frame of the rendered sequence and the first JPG is not as desired. It is clear to see that there is less contrast etc. here. The edits were not taken over, although JPGs are exported correctly.

Does anyone have similar problems on the MacBook Pros under Mac OS Monterey 12.1 and LRTimeapse 5.8?

Also, I'm surprised that only two of the gradient masks are shown in the main LRTimelapse window and not all of them.

Thank you very much and have a good start into the new year!

Best regards
Tobse
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
From what you write I would suspect that you didn't read the metadata for the full sequence in Lightroom, before exporting.
Please double check that.

If you ever have such problems, try to follow the sequence and check where it goes wrong.
Ususally if the Visual Previews look all good in LRTimelapse (play back the sequence there in visual preview mode) the metadata is correct.
Then you only need to read metadata for the whole sequence in Lightroom and export and render.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 toshin
Hi Gunther, I have the same issue on my new MacBook Pro Monterey 12.4. The problem is that I follow the visual WF and edit in LR. And export in LR with the LRT Export. Everything is default with JPG 4K. The exported JPG sequence looks the same with my edits. But when I go back to LRT, the rendered video via the intermediate sequence looks pale and low-contrast. (Preview applied all edits in LR and looks good.) I noticed the exported JPG has color profile ITU-R BT.2020 Reference Display in the metadata field. The preview in the LRT looks good, but no matter which setting I choose in Render setup - legal/full range, BT.709 or BT.2020. The final video always looks pale or over exposed (There will be a lot of noise if they were the milky way sequence). My MacBook Pro display is the default XDR. I knew I can set Rec.709 in the advanced section in LR export window if encounter color issue. But the result doesn't work even I tick this... Do you know the reason? Since the exported jpgs with 2020 color profile. But the rendered video looks pale even in BT.2020 ProRes. I tried use the exported JPGs in Final Cut Pro for the HDR video creation. The result is good. Does LRT not support BT.2020 or HDR? Could you help to explain potential issue? I am using LRT latest 6.0.5.
Bug
#4 toshin
Hi Gunther, I have the same issue on my new MacBook Pro Monterey 12.4. The problem is that I follow the visual WF and edit in LR. And export in LR with the LRT Export. Everything is default with JPG 4K. The exported JPG sequence looks the same with my edits. But when I go back to LRT, the rendered video via the intermediate sequence looks pale and low-contrast. (Preview applied all edits in LR and looks good.) I noticed the exported JPG has color profile ITU-R BT.2020 Reference Display in the metadata field. The preview in the LRT looks good, but no matter which setting I choose in Render setup - legal/full range, BT.709 or BT.2020. The final video always looks pale or over exposed (There will be a lot of noise if they were the milky way sequence). My MacBook Pro display is the default XDR. I knew I can set Rec.709 in the advanced section in LR export window if encounter color issue. But the result doesn't work even I tick this... Do you know the reason? Since the exported jpgs with 2020 color profile. But the rendered video looks pale even in BT.2020 ProRes. I tried use the exported JPGs in Final Cut Pro for the HDR video creation. The result is good. Does LRT not support BT.2020 or HDR? Could you help to explain potential issue? I am using LRT latest 6.0.5.

What's your recommendation on the export? Keep BT.2020 or switch to 709? What caused the color shift on the final rendered video.

I found the BT.2020 seems better than 709 in render setup. But still has some pale, low contrast effect...

...also check out: