• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LightRoom Profile is not being honored

#1 kcbauer
Here's the scenario:

Import images, set keyframes. Edit Keyframes. Change the profile from Adobe Color to Camera Natural (or any other profile). I even tried a monochrome profile as a easy visual test. Sync Keyframes. Checked at this point to make sure the updated profile is in place for the keyframe images. They all were fine.

Back to LRTimelapse. Reload, create visual previews, deflicker,
Back to LightRoom, read metadata.

The profiles for every image are back to Adobe Color. I know in prior versions of LRTimeLapse this wasn't the case. Not sure when this bug was introduced.

I'm running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
LRTimeLapse 5.5.5 Build 685.
#2 Gunther
Thanks for reporting, I'll investigate that.
For now when coming to Lightroom the second time, after loading the metadata for all files, please set the desired camera profile again on the first keyframe, then select the whole sequence and use the Lightroom Synchronize feature with only the profile selected to bring the profile to all images. Then you can export.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Gunther
Would you please try the new beta, it should be fixed there: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-5-5-6-beta-1
Let me know!
#4 kcbauer
Hi Gunther:

5.5.6 Beta 1 solves the problem that I was seeing. Thank You!
#5 Gunther
Thanks for your feedback, glad to hear that! :-)
#6 sailorfred
The new beta version does not really fix the problem.
If you use the Timelaps-importer the profile linked to the camera (in the LR settings) is not applied.
If you import with LR the profile is applied correct. But after working in Timelaps and reading the Metadata files in LR to all pictures the profile is gone and set to "Adobe Standad".
I checked "old" raw files handled with Timelaps. Correct profile is applied.
I cannot verify wether the problem is the update to LR 10.0 or the Timelaps update.
BR
Alfred
#7 Gunther
With "Timelaps" you mean LRTimelapse?
#8 Gunther
Okay I will assume so... :-)
LRTimelapse has never detected the Camera Profile set in the camera (it can't). It always initializes the images with "Adobe Standard". When you first bring the sequence into Lightroom, and edit your first keyframe, you set the Camera Profile that you would like to use. From there on this will get populated to the other keyframes when editing the keyframes from left to right and using the synch script to bring the settings from one to the next as explained in the instructions: https://lrtimelapse.com/workflow/
After Reload and Auto-Transition all images will have the new profile (you can see that when clicking on "ALL" above the preview and scrolling the table to the right.
Back in Lightroom, when reading Metadata for the Whole sequence, then also all images will have your desired profile.

This is how it works now, and this is how it's intended to work. It only was broken in 5.5.5, but fixed in 5.5.6.
#9 sailorfred
Thanks for your support. This way it works perfect. Maybe in the past I used this process intuitive.

...also check out: