• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 LapseOfTimeHK
Hi Gunter
Today both versions of my LRTimelapse has decided not to load. I've tried rolling back to version 2.1 with no luck. I updated Java. I uninstalled Java with clean version. I've rebooted many times. Nothing has changed to these computers so I'm not sure why this is occurring.
Help
Thanks
Stephen
#2 tassie
Hello Stephen,

Looks like several people (including me) have had the same trouble in the last day. A temporary fix is to change the date on you PC back to a date before Dec 2. Run the program, and then change the date back while it is running. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

This worked for me - hope it works for you!

Gerald
#3 remoteman
(2012-12-03, 02:20)tassie Wrote: Hello Stephen,

Looks like several people (including me) have had the same trouble in the last day. A temporary fix is to change the date on you PC back to a date before Dec 2. Run the program, and then change the date back while it is running. Hopefully a fix will come soon.

Gerald

As unlikely as it seemed when i read it, this worked for me! I was on 2.0.1 when it wouldn't open and the update to 2.1.1 didn't fix anything, only changing the date let me open it.
#4 Jim Pienaar
(2012-12-03, 14:22)remoteman Wrote:
(2012-12-03, 02:20)tassie Wrote: Hello Stephen,

Gerald

As unlikely as it seemed when i read it, this worked for me! I was on 2.0.1 when it wouldn't open and the update to 2.1.1 didn't fix anything, only changing the date let me open it.

I have the same problem as well. What are we meaning with changing the date?
#5 snotty7
I had the same problem. Unfortunately I uninstalled the program and tried to re install v 2.2.0 I am however unable to install it getting the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."
Can anyone offer some advice?
#6 Gunther
Please try again with 2.2.1
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#7 snotty7
Tried 2.2.1 but still unable to install the software, getting the same error messaage. Thinking it may be a Java problem, I've uninstalled and re-installed that but no joy. i also tried the recovery tool to a restore point pre 01/12/2012 without success. Any help you may offer would be really appreciated as I don't want to lose access to your fantastic program.
#8 Gunther
If the installer does not work this is not a java problem, it seems that something on your system might be corrupt.

You could try opening the install package manually and copy all files to a folder, to do that:

1) Install 7-zip from http://www.7-zip.org/
2) Unpack the msi file from the zip.
3) right click on the LRTimelapse.msi then 7-zip/open
4) Now you should see a bunch of files, copy them to a folder called LRTimelapse (you could put it into your program folder if you want) and launch via the LRTimelapse.exe - you should create a shortcut to this exe to your desktop.

Good luck!
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
Smile
#9 snotty7
Danke. It worked a treat.

...also check out: