• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT 2.0.2 save after deflicker (step 3) dialogbox

#1 nhalberg
Saving after deflickering (in step 3 of the workflow) now brings up a dialog box (after saving is complete) saying:

--
Deflicker already applied
This sequence already has been deflickered.
Do you want to remove the existent deflicker? (recommended)
Yes/No
--

Is this a bug or a new feature? Wink.

It seems that LRT tries to apply deflicker again after saving the sequence.
#2 Gunther
Hi, this is no bug, it has always been a feature!

If you deflicker and then save, the Deflicker is being written into the exposure values of the images, so that Lightroom or AE will apply it. Next time you load that sequence, it comes up with already deflickered exposure values. So if you try applying deflicker again, this would lead to unwanted effects, so to speak it would double the deflicker. That's the reason LRTimelapse warns you and recommends to get rid of the old deflicker before applying it again.

I'm moving this thread into the general discussion area.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 nhalberg
(2012-10-27, 16:44)gwegner Wrote: Hi, this is no bug, it has always been a feature!

If you deflicker and then save, the Deflicker is being written into the exposure values of the images, so that Lightroom or AE will apply it. Next time you load that sequence, it comes up with already deflickered exposure values. So if you try applying deflicker again, this would lead to unwanted effects, so to speak it would double the deflicker. That's the reason LRTimelapse warns you and recommends to get rid of the old deflicker before applying it again.

I'm moving this thread into the general discussion area.

Yes but this happens the first time I click save after the first time I deflicker. I do not reload anything in the step except in the start of step 3. Earlier versions of LRT did not do this. They deflickered and saved the new exposure values. In earlier versions this dialog only appeared if you selected deflicker on an already deflickered sequence. But this is saving after the very first deflicker.

I installed LRT 2.0.2 "on top" of LRT 2.0.1 as described here: http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-lrti...2-0-2-news
#4 Gunther
Hi, there must be old deflicker values in your XMP metadata. Try this with a fresh sequence - I would bet it doesn't happen as well?

After initializing your sequence this shouldn't happen anymore.
#5 nhalberg
(2012-10-27, 17:58)gwegner Wrote: Hi, there must be old deflicker values in your XMP metadata. Try this with a fresh sequence - I would bet it doesn't happen as well?

After initializing your sequence this shouldn't happen anymore.

I have no old xmp data as I delete the xmp files manually before each try. I just tested on my laptop and have the same problem with a fresh install of LRT 2.0.2.

Sequence of pictures with no exsisting xmp data:

Select dir -> wait for previews -> initialize -> set keyframes -> save
[pretend to make small changes in Lightroom]
Reload -> Auto transition -> Deflicker -> Save

And right after that last save the "Deflicker already applied" dialog box pops up.
#6 nhalberg
I just tested with LRT 2.0.1 and that version does not have the problem.
#7 Gunther
Yes, you are right. My apologies. This seems to be a bug. In that case just ignore the message, don't save again, reload you sequence. I'm going to fix this asap!

Thanky you for reporting!
#9 nhalberg
(2012-10-27, 20:46)gwegner Wrote: Yes, you are right. My apologies. This seems to be a bug. In that case just ignore the message, don't save again, reload you sequence. I'm going to fix this asap!

Thanky you for reporting!

No apologies needed, it is great that you reply to posts on your forum so quick.

I have really enjoyed using LRT (since version 1.9.4). It got me so much into time-lapse that I broke the shutter on my old EOS 20D Wink.

The workflow in LRT is nice and easy. The only thing that is causing me a bit of trouble is the deflicker function as it seems to be exposure based and not luminance based. But from what I could understand form another post here it was a limitation in the Lightroom/ Java API or something like that.

But the ability to transition basically all image parameters is great.
#10 Gunther
(2012-10-28, 14:34)nhalberg Wrote: The only thing that is causing me a bit of trouble is the deflicker function as it seems to be exposure based and not luminance based. But from what I could understand form another post here it was a limitation in the Lightroom/ Java API or something like that.
Could you please explain what exactly you mean? Yes Deflicker is being applied to the exposure, but it ready out the luminance of the images (or parts, deflined by the reference area). It is a very mighty feature that works incredibly well, if you use it right.

So I would really like to know where you see it's limitations?

Have you read my how-to article:
http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...red-curves

All the best
Gunther

...also check out: