• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

LRT Export producing no blacks, very flat image

#1 Steve
I recently upgraded to LRT 5.5.6. I use LR 6.12

I notice that now my exports from LR, using the LRT Export produce very washed out images with no blacks and very limited shadows. Exporting the same image(s) via LR produce just what I'd expect nice rich blacks and deep shadows.

In LR Timelapse the images look good, same as the do in LR. I've reprocessed several times and it all comes down to LRT Export producing flat images, which if rendered to video are also flat as I would expect from the flat images being used to render with.

I was going to attach files but ran into the 500 Kb limit so imported the flat images only to find that now they had full dynamic range after import, making it impossible to to produce lo-res samples of the problem.

I saw the post of flat renders, but mine start at LRT Export, not during render. Has anyone else noticed this flat issue?

I've added a screen shot of the thumbnails of the flat images from LRT Export compared with the same images export as files from LR. As mentioned, trying to import the full size images from the LRT Export to resize them for upload reintroduces the full dynamic range, masking the flat appearance.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Since you crossposted into the other thread, I'm going to close this one. Please see my answer there and also watch the video that I've linked there to understand how color management works.
https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-fin...5#pid47625
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: