• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

.lrt previews location

#1 olihar
Is it possible to create a cache folder for example on a different drive for the .lrt folders, It makes one hell of a mess in my backup routine to have all these extra files.

It would be great to be able to clear that folder every now and then, instead of having to look for them all over the place.
#2 Gunther
No, it's not. In former versions of LRTimelapse the preview files have been on a separate location but that had huge disadvantages when working with the files on a file or folder basis (for example when you work on external SSDs and just move that SSD to another computer you had lost all preview files).

I'd suggest, that you backup the previews and all other files in the hidden .lrt folder below each time lapse folder too. That's the easiest way and the files are not big, not really blowing up your backup.

If you absolutely don't want them backed up, you could of course make your backup routine exclude all files named "*.lrtpreview".
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 olihar
Its not a matter of size of the backup its the amount of files, it is slowing my backup time to online services by a large margin.

Could you possibly add a dont create previews button somewhere in the settings.

But of course I would ask for a setting where I can set up the preview folder somewhere else, to me that makes so much sense.

We are talking of maybe 500.000 preview files here, its a giant mess. (Of course its at least double that in file count as it stores XMP files as well, but I am fine with keeping them.)
#4 Gunther
Again, I'd suggest you configure your backup to ignore the ".lrt" folders or the files with suffix ".lrtpreview".
Of course you could as well just use a small batch file to delete those files when you are finished working with the sequence before making the backup.

I'm really sorry, but I don't see another option currently, since I cannot make the changes you would like see because they would wastly interfere with the LRTimelapse concept and require major changes in the architecture.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 olihar
Ok, I guess I have to live with it as it is, most software can in some place select cache folder, in my case I would for sure want to keep all my cache on the fastest drive on the computer.

...also check out: