• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Deflicker, where to see the impacted value within lightroom

#1 djoubert
HI,
Applying the visual deflicker , I can see the values calculated in the deflicker column.
My question is where this value is implemented within lightroom ?,
this question in order to try alternative values, without to have to correct it in the deflicker column.
Actually, for a very dark sequence with the moon, I have a few images ( one out of 30 for instance / A total of 10 out of 400 ) with a visual aspect a bit different ( about temperature..., I tried and to correct an exemple with temperatre and teint changed ). following your recommendation not to correct too much, I tried to identify which correction was the root cause , I did not find ... )
Thank you to provide me with explanation about the deflicker value within LR,
And also if you have any idea about the flickering I explained above.
Thank you
Dominique
#2 Gunther
You can't see it in Lightroom. But once you have activated the visual previews in LRTimelapse, just change the value in the LRTimelapse table (double click to make it editable), then hit save and the visual preview will instantly update, reflecting the new value.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 djoubert
HI,
Thank you for this answer, except I need to more information to understand when the deflicker value will be taken into account beside this preview.
I understand that it's not within LR, so I guess it's is when I activate the "render video" ?
Thank you to bring me that information
Dominique
#4 Gunther
Deflicker will be applied in Lightroom too, but you cannot edit it there.
#5 Finns Design
I have a related question. Regardless of what I do in LRTimelapse I can't get the deflicker values to affect exposure. I can see the deflicker in LRT, but it doesn't affect the exposure in the exported XMP files, so it's completely lost once I read the metadata in Lightroom.

Shouldn't the deflicker value be added to the exposure before it is exported, to make it have an effect in Lightroom?
Lightroom doesn't have it's own deflicker setting (obviously), so I would expect it just to be baked into the exposure value.
#6 Gunther
No, Deflicker won't be added to exposure. It will be added on a background layer.
If it would be added to exposure (like in LRT3) you wouldn't be able to alter the exposure when editing in Lightroom.

...also check out: