• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRTimelape doesn't retain auto cropping made in Lightroom Transform Module

#1 Alex_Tort
Hi everyone!

This is happening to me since I installed LrTimelapse version 6.3:

LRtimelapse does not retain changes made in Lightroom's Transform module, or better said, it retains vertical and horizontal line changes, but it does not consider auto cropping to eliminate the resulting white borders. The LRTimelapse preview shows these changes only in keyframes and does not transfer them to other images as well. This results in a preview video with all frames, except the kayframes, having the white border due to the transformation of the falling lines in lightroom. How come this?
#2 Gunther
Do you have the latest Adobe DNG Converter installed? Please double check.
Also, this "Auto Crop" might be a difficult feature to use with LRTimelapse, since as it's name says it automtically applies crops which might be different for different images. I'd suggest, that you try the latest beta from https://lrimelapse.com/download/beta and see if that in combination with the latest Adobe DNG Converter does the trick.
If not, you have two options:
1.) Don't use auto crop but set the crop manually.
2.) Sync the only the transformation manually in Lightroom to all images.
In any case I woud be interested to hear, if you can appomplish the transition with the beta and latest DNG Conv.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Alex_Tort
Hi Gunther!

Thank you for your reply and your suggestions.

The problems I mentioned were with beta 9 and the latest DNG Converter. Such a thing had never happened to me before.

Now I'm testing with LrT beta 10. As soon as I'm done I'll report about it.

Bis dann!
#4 Gunther
Ok, it's always better to name the version that you are working with. And if you report feedback for the beta versions, please use the beta forum in the future. Thanks!
#5 Alex_Tort
Dear Gunther,
below the report of my tests using LRTimelapse 6.4.0_beta10:

(with Panasonic S5 files) - Even using the manual crop does not solve the problem, on the contrary, also the keyframes are affected. The autocrop of the Transform module does not generate the problem on the keyframes, although it does on the other files.
(with Nikon D750) - No problem, neither manual crop nor autocrop.

So, I deduce that the problem is the Panasonic S5 files.
What do you think? Have other users reported this issue?
#6 Gunther
Strange. If you want, you can send me a couple of those images in a zip file (10 should be enough) via a file transfer service like WeTransfer or FromSmash. Please add an exact description how I could reproduce this: support(at)lrtimelapse.com
#7 Gunther
Thanks for sending over the files.
I've tried them here and the works perfectly. I've use Manual Transform, Auto Transform, Auto Crop White Borders, Manual Crop etc. All worked perfectly.
With such tools it's important to apply them on the very first keyframe. Then use the Sync script to bring them to the other keyframes (as with regular editing).
After Saving Metadata for the Keyframes you will see those automatically change in the LRTimelapse preview, of course at this stage, the inbetween images are still untouched. Now click on Auto-Transition and wait until all inbetween images have been developed. The Crop/Transformations will be applied.
#8 Alex_Tort
Hi Gunther. Thank you very much for checking my files. I will carefully apply the whole procedure again. As soon as I have solved the problem, I will let you know.

After purchasing your ebook and its update, I also hope soon to be able to buy the full version of LRT (hoping to take advantage of some offers!).

It would also be nice to see you here in Italy for some workshops, ... never know, right?!

Congratulations on all your remarkable work and for allowing us all to experience the use of the excellent LRTimelapse.

Greetings of gratitude!

Alessandro Tortora
#9 Gunther
Thanks man!

...also check out: