• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Luminance or vignette exposure change in outer edges during Holy Grail?

#1 joelemail
Hoping someone has an idea of how to fix this one...

Doing holy grail day to night, adjusting exposure at one stop increments when light level drops one stop.

This isn't the first one I've ever done, and it is usually successful.  This time there is an odd drop in the outer edge exposure between HG keyframes.  It looks like a vignette darkening.  The center of the frame is fine.  I haven't applied a vignette, and the values in Lightroom show no vignette.  I can't determine where this is coming from or how to fix it.   The right hand HG keyframe just pops to a darker edge.   

Any help?
Smile
#2 Gunther
Did you change the aperture? This might cause a change in vignetting. Exposure normally not.

Mobile via Tapatalk.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 joelemail
Hi and thanks for the response. Yes, I did an aperture change. I didn't realize changing aperture could create a vignette anomaly.

As the sun dropped, I accomplished the holy grail one stop jumps in exposure with first shutter, the ISO, then as I ran out of room with those I used a combination of ISO, shutter and aperture.

You're saying I should not adjust aperture during a holy grail sequence, just ISO and shutter? There is such a wide range of exposure from Utah desert day to night that the day exposure is too bright to accomplish without also adjusting aperture, as I also want to drag the shutter to at least a second or two so foliage doesn't have a staccato feel as wind blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#4 Gunther
I adjust the aperture too when doing the Holy Grail - but in the first step I only open up to 5.6 - then I do ISO until it's nearly dark. Then you won't see the changed vignetting anymore, so when it's nearly dark I let the Aperture get wider.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: