• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 dyerama
I had a time lapse setup where the camera faced south, so the subject was in shadow for the majority of the time. The other obstacle was that I had to remove the camera each day. I set marks and had set screws to be sure it went back as close as possible, but with different people setting it up, it would occasionally drift. In order to color correct, I needed to utilize the subject mask in LR, but when I render the video, the mask drifts as the camera moves somewhat throughout the day. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to correct? I tried using the warp stabilizer in Premier, then rendering a jpeg sequence of the stabilized video, but it didn't correct the problem. If you look in the upper left hand corner of the building, you can see the mask shadow.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
I don't recommend using any of the "automatic" Masks in Lightroom when shooting timelapse. Especially not with such sequence. The mask will be synchronized and not calculated for every image individually.
I think such a simple subject should be editable without such a mask. After doing all the LRT editing, bring the exported intermediary sequence to after effects for stabilizing with Warp Stabilizer.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dyerama
The masking is pretty important for the overall color correction. If I don't mask and make it significantly brighter, a lot of detail gets lost. If I correct so that the subject looks good with out the mask, the sky and everything else blows out.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
What can I say. Your subject shifts and therefore you can't work with an auto-mask. How did people edit such images before adobe introduced that auto-mask half a year ago? They worked with the Tonecurve and Shadows/Highlights/Whites/Blacks. That's a quite simple scene that can be edited in other ways as I already said.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: