• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maximum FPS of rendering video File

#1 Shashikant Dharmraj Behar
Hello Masters, i am totally new to time lapse photography and want to do seriously and make some serious content, hence thinking to buy LRTimelaps pro version but before that i messed up some queries and want to finding concrete solution, so here i am.

query 1) which is the maximum FPS to rendering provided by the LRT pro, the trial version provide up to 60 fps.does it is provide up to 240 fps or not. it is possible to rendering video up to 120 fps or 240 fps using still images (if yes how we do that?).

query 2) I am using Canon 1300d and 7D mark II both for time lapse shooting so is it possible to make true 4k or beyond resolution of time lapse video using both cameras still images and if not which is the maximum resolution that support by these cameras still.
i am totally new to this so expecting answers from the Masters. thanks in advance, and sorry for the English
#2 Bobu
1) LRT (trial and pro) provides up to 60 FPS on export/rendering. But if you put 60 FPS timelapse footage in a 120 FPS timeline of your NLE without converting to 120 FPS you get a 120 FPS timelapse sequence with half the length. But honestly, I can't think of any use-case where you could need 120 FPS or 240 FPS timelapse footage.

2) Both these cameras would allow true 4K timelapse video (and slightly beyond allowing some small cropping, but not 6K or 8K).
#3 c_joerg
Which sense do timelapse with > 60 FPS ?
#4 MartinA-P
Well, I could imagine to change the playback speed continuously from high speed to ultra-low speed of the clip in the postproduction. This could be helpful to put to focus of a sequence on the most interesting part. That is assuming a mass of pictures.
Just an idea.
#5 c_joerg
In this case, I reduce the number of images...
#6 MartinA-P
Yes, c_joerg, this is indeed another possibility.

Side Note / my workflow: I use m.objects. This software allows a very smooth transition of different playback speeds for a finalized high-fps clip. Very helpful, for example, to keep in time with the music - or for a reapeted changing of the playback speed during one single clip.
#7 Gunther
fps in timelapse is only a number in metadata. Doesn't change anything in the videofile itself.
Basically you can export any timelapse in 30 fps and then set the playback speed in your video editor.
What's important for smooth movements is the interval when shooting. The shorter the intervals the smoother the movement.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: