• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Metadata of keyframes not correctly read

#1 martinkuehn.eu
Hi Gunter,

since working with LRTimelapse 6.5 (currently 6.5.3) and/or Lightroom Classic 13 (I have long worked with versions 4.x and 6.x) I have regularly wrong key frame meta data read in LRTimelapse when I create the visual preview; see the attached image. Sometimes, only resaving in Lightroom resolves the problem, sometimes not. And it is actually always only the keyframes, interestingly the other frames, which were set by the auto-transition look as I wanted to have them.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Please make sure to have installed the latest Adobe DNG Converter, link on: https://lrtimelapse.com/install
If you use newer develop option in the latest Lightroom and an older DNG Converter, the Visual Previews won't match.

If this doesn't solve the problem, please try initializing the sequence via "Metadata/Initialize" in LRTimelapse and do the workflow from scratch. Check the table in LRTimelapse and see if you can spot any different data between the keyframe and the non keyframes.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 martinkuehn.eu
I have just again seen this with a holy grail (2/3 keyframes) setting. DNG converter had been installed yesterday or the day before.

The settings are the same for all images. It only happens on key frames...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Can you see what's different between that image and the adjacent frame? Do they look the same in Lightroom after reading metadata for both?
#5 martinkuehn.eu
I'll check next time and keep you updated. I forced overwriting settings or where it didnt work I deleted the keyframe and made the next photo a key frame Big Grin
#6 Gunther
You can always also copy/paste image settings in the table from one to another image (right click menu / copy-paste).
Currently I assume that Lightroom is sometimes not writing metadata correctly for some images, but please observe.
#7 martinkuehn.eu
Ah right, thanks, I forgot. That's a nice option. I will observe further on. I had the impression that this (at least sometimes) happened with the new sky filter of LR. However, I cannot exclude that this is due to some series initialized with some old LR/LRTimelapse. I'll try to pin this down next time I see it. So far, I think this here can be put "on hold".
#8 Gunther
If you are talking about the automatic Sky selection mask, I'd recommend not to use this (or any of the AI masks) with LRTimelapse.
KeyFrames
Arveen
2023-08-31, 16:29
Last Post: Gunther

...also check out: