• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Move-Shoot-Move (the company) and slave port

#1 RogerMorris
Does anybody have any experience with the Move-Shoot-Move brand of rotator, and whether my LRTimelapse pro will send the appropriate signal for the unit to advance?
The unit appears to depend on a signal from the hot shoe (and provides the appropriate device to fit in the hot shoe) to send the advance instruction to the rotator, but I'm unclear on what information that signal is composed of.

The Move-Shoot-Move folks make clear that the Sony and Olympus hotshoes don't send the appropriate signals, so there is some specific component of that signal that the rotator is looking for in order to advance.

-rotator-upgraded-button-version-free-shipping-today" target="_blank" rel="noopener" class="mycode_url">This is the unit

It' MUCH less expensive than many of its competitors, and FAR more compact - so if it did work well with the LRTimelapse Pro, it would be worth picking up if even for occasional use.
Thanks.
#2 Sheeba
Hi Roger,

I assume that you want to use the rotator for panorama timelapse.
Check this out: https://syrp.co/us-en/genie-mini-ii-sy0033-0001/
Even more compact and in the same price range.

Hans
#3 RogerMorris
Thanks Hans ... Yes, it's panorama time lapses I'm interested in ... but I'm looking for a much more compact device than some of the higher end packages that accomplish the same task.
Does the Syrp have a "slave" mode, or is it a shutter trigger port?

Still wondering about the Move-Shoot-Move too, as it is still less expensive, and slightly smaller.
#4 Gunther
As far as I know, Syrp is not compatible to anything outside the Syrp world.
If the MSM rotate offers a way to get triggered as "slave", the LRT Pro Timer can control it (since it offers that "Hotshoe"-Option, it should work.

You can also test this with any simple other intervalometer that you connect to it with an appropriate cable. If the intervalometer triggers the movement, it works. Then you can buy the LRT Pro Timer in order to have much more options and also be able to control the slave mode much better (for example to avoid triggering the movement while the camera is exposing).
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: