• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Timer won't shoot

#1 frainfiniti
Hi People,
I'm Francesco from Italy.
Recently I used the 0.4" interval with my Canon R6 with no missed frames (300 to 300 photos taken).
The other day I was shooting a sunset, it was all fine since I extend the shutter speed to 20 seconds and the interval was 23.4 seconds.
When the camera finished to shoot, the pro timer wrote in the top left corner "wake up" and then a simple dot. In this way it skip some frames and I can't continue the shooting.

Do you know this problem?
Thanks
#2 mopperle
Seems like your R6 went to sleep and you disabled the wakeup time in the settings of the LRTPro
Gruß/regards

Otto
#3 Gunther
Make sure to configure the Wakeup time in a way that it wakes your camera reliably. Test this at home first before going out shooting. Check out the manual for an explanation on how the wake up time works and how to configure it: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/manual/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#4 frainfiniti
Thanks for the answers, I did a factory reset, now it seems to work well
#5 Sheeba
I have a similar problem with my R6 and R6m2.
With an AF time of 0 Sec I have determined a black time shorter than 1 Sec. A timelapse with e.g. 2.5 Sec. interval and 0.5 Sec. exposure works without problems.
If I set an interval of 5 sec. and an exposure time of 4 sec. only every 2nd picture is taken. Only after I set the AF time to 0.5 sec. did it work properly again. If I interpret this correctly, the camera needs an AF signal > 0 Sec for a longer exposure time.
I will do some more tests to investigate the problem in detail and will report about it here in the forum.
I hope this helps you.

Regards, Hans
#6 Gunther
Usually the AF Time should not be 0. Most cameras need a short AF Signal. That's why by default the LRT PRO Timer is set to an AF Time of 100ms. This is a good value. However, for some cameras you might need to increase it even more. Just make tests with 100ms increments.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: