• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Multiple exposures at each location using BFM MC and LRT Pro Controllers

#1 Cymro
Hi,
I can setup my excellent Black Forest Motion gear to take multi row ‘gigapixel mode’ panoramas. But is it possible to combine the LRTPC with the BFM gear to take multiple exposures at each stage? If I’m shooting a 2 row 5 image (total 2x5=10) Milky Way panorama I’d like to be able to shoot 5 images at each point so as I can stack them later to reduce noise etc. If each image is 10 seconds that would be 5x10 plus saving time before moving to next overlapping point and then another 5. Total of 50 images. Any advice appreciated
#2 Gunther
Usually you would set your camera to "Bracketing" and set the number of images in the camera. Then you could "hold" the shutter release a bit longer (need to try to figure out how long) to shoot the whole bracket.
if you know the time, say 2 secs, you could define this time as Exposure Time in the LRT PRO Timer - it wouldn't be the "Exposure" since you would be shooting in M mode, but it would hold the shutter release for that time allowing the bracketed shoot to complete.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Cymro
Hi Gunther,
Looks like I can't use the LRTPT in 'Gigapixel' mode as it does not have the 'slave' option. That only appears in the Timelapse mode and so I lose the benefit of having the Pine Motion app calculate all the shooting stops to get the correct overlaps. Maybe Moritz will see this post and comment. It would be great if you could either:
1. setup a GigaPixel putting in the focal length, overlap and top-left and bottom-right keyframes and then export the settings to the Timelapse mode and use the LRTPT to initiate the moves between locations and maybe the number of shots?
2. add the slave mode to Gigapixel mode so as to allow LRTPT to initiate the moves.
3. maybe just add the ability to enter the number of shots at each location (default being 1) so you could take X frames and then move to the next location, take another X and then move again.
#4 Gunther
Maybe you should discuss this directly with the BFM team...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Cymro
Yeah, I’ll e-mail Moritz.
#6 Cymro
Just for information I thought I'd update you (and incase anyone else has any ideas)

OK, so no real Progress, Moritz (from BFM) suggested the same solution as you i.e. get the camera to take the multiple exposures. Using HDR Bracketing and 'serial-shutter'. I shoot Canon with the R6 and as the images need to be the same exposure bracketing option does not work, and the multiple images option also will not work as it requires multiple shutter presses. I spoke to Canon Professional Services (CPS) and they went away to investigate and came back and said, no the camera cannot do what I want ie. take X exposures from a single external trigger press. They suggested the MC software should initiate the multiple triggers not the camera. The solution they offered was to decouple the 2 systems and just have the camera take multiple images using the inbuilt intervalometer or an external one and try and synchronize as best as possible the MC movement. This would result in some unuseable exposures which would be taken when the MC was moving but overall it should give me a series of other images I can use for stacking.
#7 desertman
Maybe you add a simple electronic, called monoflop to prolong the shutter pulse until the whole sequence is finished.
On Nikon think I can remember shutter starts with rising edge and ends with falling edge.
Thats just an idea.
regards

...also check out: