• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Next Newbie Challenge - LRT Pro Timer and qDSLR with a Non-Wireless Canon 5DMkii

#1 circlingkailas
Hi - I thought I was so close, trying to hold on until the next generation Canon comes out this summer!

I have a Canon 5DMkii that I can successfully control using a GL iNet mini-router and qDSLR running on iPhone or iPad. Fantastic, I am so happy.

I also have a LRT Pro Timer that I can use to control the intervals on the Canon. Fantastic, I am so happy!

Unfortunately, both the mini-router and the Pro Timer use the same USB port on the camera! How do I get both the router and the timer connected to the camera so I can employ the Auto Holy Grail approach? Otherwise, I am right back to manual holy grail, and I don't need all this stuff for that.

Thanks for any advice, stay safe, take advantage of the empty vistas and wash your hands!
#2 circlingkailas
Never mind - figured it out!
#3 Gunther
Just to make it clear for others: the LRT Pro Timer will not be connected to the camera via USB. It will be connected via a standardized TRS Cable, which is default for most intervalometers and exists for nearly every camera.
You can find the right cables here: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/camera-release-cables/
The USB port on the LRT Pro Timer is only for charging and firmware updates.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: