• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Possible bug when Removing files action

#1 ecobcg
Hello,

I am experiencing a bit of a problem, when in a sequence in LRTimelapse, i choose several files and click the "Remove Images" option.
It then starts to remove those files and transfer it to a new folder ***_REMOVED.
The problem is the time it takes to do that. sometimes i have to wait 1 minute until i can move the cursor up and down in the sequence again.

I previously was working in a Windows 8 machine, INtel I7 processor, with SSD disk, and the process was instant. I clicked the remove files option, and 1 or 2 seconds later, i could move the cursor again.

Now, i've moved to a new machine, Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3950X processor, 128Gb ram, SSD M.2 disks, and it should't have this delay when i "remove images" from the sequence. What could be the problem here?

I'm working in LRTImelapse 5.5.7 version, with Adobe DNG up to date.

Thanks
#2 Gunther
Try adding the folder c:\program files\LRTimelapse 5 to the whitelist of your virus scanner. Maybe it's blocking.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 ecobcg
Thanks.
But already tried it. I have the folder on the exceptions of Norton Security and in Windows Defender.

Problem still going.

I think the problem is with the part where LRTimelapse writes the files that are removed, to the disk.

I tried with different disks, so it's not a disk problem.

On the "explorer" section of LRTimelapse (Image attached), it takes too much time to navigate from one disk to another.

And when i do the "Remove files" action, it takes many secons (more than 20 or 30seconds), for the _REMOVED folder appears over there. And when i remove new files, the numer of files that are on the original folder and on the _REMOVED folder, takes also many seconds to refresh and apperas the new values (minus files in the original folder and plus files on the _removed.

Can't understand what's going on that are making this problem...
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
Norton Security AND Windows Defender ?! Why?? Not sure if it's related, but certainly a warrant for slowing down every Windows system. Independently of LRTimelapse as an IT guy I'd only recommend Defender. No advantage of using anything else.
So where are those images located? Are they on the internal SSD or on any external drive or network?
Navigating in the folder might take long, if there are many subfolders in one parent folder. It's always better to have a folder structure with less subfolders and instead a deeper tree. Maybe you can try dividing the long folder list into subfolders. But I'm only guessing, the screenshot is barely readable because of the low resolution and I don't have more information.
#5 ecobcg
Well... it's the Windows Defender Firewall... the pc came with Norton installed also... may try to unnistall it to test.

The images are in a folder in a internal SSD that i use only for editing timelapses. It's a Sabrent NVMe PCI4 M.2, so, it should have no problems with speed. Already tested it and it reads/writes at 4GB/s.

Main OS disk is also a similar Sabrent SSD disk.

I have several external disks also... that when connected, also appears in that explorer section of LRTimelapse.

In my other pc, have never had problems with this... Maybe it's windows 8.1 vs Windows 10 related?
Maybe Norton Security? In my other computer, i have the 5.5.6 LRTImelapse version instaled. IN this new one it's the 5.5.7... could this new version have some kind of bug?
Don't have any clue. Must make some more tests.

Thanks.
#6 Gunther
5.5.7 should be no different to 5.5.6 in this terms, I've not changed anything. Something seems to be blocking the file or directory access. That's why I was suspecting the virus scanner.
You might check the log after you complete the "remove" task. Maybe it shows any errors. If in doubt, send it to me (info menu / show log).

I've just done a test on my laptop with latest W10 and 5.5.7, loaded a sequence of 1200 images, selected every second and did "Remove" - it completed in less than 1 second. The files are not copied, only moved (which takes literally no time, because it's a "rename" operation). Moving them back via LRTimelapse "Move Images" also took less than a second.

I'd say, it's definitely something on your OS blocking the operation.
#7 ecobcg
Well... have uninstalled Norton... same problem continues....

Will have to dig and check what's going on, since it's a new system....
I attach the log file. Everything's look good on the log.... nevertheless, i have some seconds delay since i remove files button, and it refresshes in the explorer section and lets me move the cursor again...
Attached Files

.zip   LRTimelapse.zip (Size: 1.91 KB / Downloads: 4)
#8 Gunther
I don't think it's the remove images operation. I'd rather think the dirchooser update is somehow blocked.
Could it be any orphaned drive which is mounted but not accessible that the dirchooser tries to access but gets a time out on?
#9 ecobcg
Hello again.

Thanks for the answer once more.

Well, it could be something like that. Problem now, is to figure out where is the real reason for this to be happening. Will continue to do some tests to try to find out...
#10 ecobcg
just regarding your last answer, i am working with all my images in a second SSD, also a Sabrent Rocket NVMe M2. The OS is in one SSD disk, and the images are on teh second one. So, when i do the remove images action, the SSD drive is accessible and should not lag this action, i suppose.

...also check out: