• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Premiere Pro Lagging - Handbrake Transcode

#1 jackshaw
Hello,
I've rendered a timelapse in LRT to 4K but wasn't able to edit it in Premiere Pro - it wouldn't even play without a massive number of dropped frames. I used HandBrake to transcode the movie to the same 4K size. After that it worked fine in Premiere.
Is there something I need to be doing in LRT when rendering so it will edit properly in Premiere without needing to transcode the file?
I'm using a 16 inch Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz 8-Core i9 with 64 GB memory and a AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB graphics.
The OS 11.2.2 -- Big Sur.
Thanks for any replies,
Jack
#2 jackshaw
I wrote "...same size". That's not correct - it's the same dimension. The file size is much smaller but there's no discernible difference in quality. Once I add edits that may prove to be a different story. But even with proxies Premiere wasn't able to keep up with the LRT 4K render at the highest quality level. I'll try again at the "High" level and see what that does.
#3 jackshaw
As Gunther essentially wrote in another thread, I tried mp4/h.264 with maximum 4K UHD, quality high, force 16:9, 420, Rec.709, standard, Full Range. The High vs Ultra High option certainly made a difference but Premiere Pro is still VERY sluggish. Any further suggestions on how to best process for a 4K rendering would be greatly appreciated. I've read some reports that Big Sur is causing some issues with Permiere but when talking with Adobe support today there was no mention of an issue.
Thanks,
Jack
#4 Gunther
With that settings, any Video Editor should be able to process the footage. Premiere Pro itself is not the most performant piece of software, there might also be conficts with the GFX card etc. Hard to give an advice, since it's more a Premiere issue maybe connected to your computer configuration.
I've switched away from Premiere 2 years ago because it kept crashing. Since then I'm really happy with Davinci Resolve for all my Video work. Maybe you'd like to check it out. But it also requires an up to date computer with a decent graphic card.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: