• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Timer 2.5 and Canon EOS R

#1 deepskywim
Hi all,

Does the Pro Timer 2.5 work without problems with the Canon EOS R? I have a Pulse (which is supposed to work with the Canon EOS R, but does not) and also qDSLR dashboard does not work (it just starts shooting, and does not adhere to the settings). So before buying the Pro Timer 2.5 I would like to be sure that making timelapses with the EOS R works without problems.

Cheers,

Wim
#2 Gunther
The LRT Pro Timer triggers the camera via an analogue release port. You can define exactly the release time etc. in the settings, there is an faq about how to fine tune the LRT Pro Timer to the camera.
That means, that every camera that offers an analogue release port, and where you can buy a standard adapter cable for, can be released by the LRT Pro Timer.
For the Canon R it should be the C6 cable here: https://amzn.to/2ucI9eT

With qDslrDashboard and other solutions, which work via USB or Wifi, it's a total different story, since they need to specifically implement the digital protocols of the cameras.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 deepskywim
Thanks a lot!
#4 Danielb.photos
I am using the Pro Timer 2.0 with my EOS R.
It is the predecessor to the Pro Timer 2.5 but runs the same software.
I had to extend the Release Time on the Timer to 300ms (from the Standard 200ms) and now it works flawlessly.

...also check out: