• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problem with HG-Workflow

#1 Ulli
I try to get familiar with the new, great version of LRtimelapse but get stuck with bringing the HG-Workflow to a perfect result.
The screesshot shows a short sunset sequence with already applied visual deflicker two times but there's still a remarkable change in luminance. With the old workflow this would be no problem by adjusting the **/*** Pictures. The green line when setting the deflicker is perfectly smooth but after saving I get the differnt pink one. Same with another sequence.

Did I missed something in the new workflow?
Is it correct, that the "exposure 2012" isn't changed by LRTimelapse?
The values of HG Lum Leveling aren't EV-Values I suppose?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#2 Gunther
Hi Uli, such effects could still happen, because of LR applying settings in a non linear way. It's more important what you see when playing back then what the pink curve shows. This means: you don't get highlights and shadows flicker free at the same time. So you have to focus on the highlights (the shadows don't matter that much).
You should thus try to set a reference area to the highlights, where you mostly see the flicker (probably here the black area just have too much influence) - so set the reference area more to the sky. Then just select a couple of frames around the jump that is still visible and refine the deflicker for this area only. Save and watch what happens.
There is no need to mess around with manually changing exposure compensations in LRT4 anymore. If the deflicker cant get it totally smooth, you won't get it smooth manually as well.

The luminance correction is not EV, it's scaled from -1 to 1.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 steinardo
I have the same problem. As you can see I have made a HG-jump of 2/3 stops from 1/60 to 1/40 s, and that's where the problem occur, see attached before and after deflicker. It does seem like the HG process is not doing its job completely, is there no way to correct this?

Can the HG process handle more than 1/3 stop change at the time?
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#4 Gunther
The holy grail can handle everything that is in the exif data. Just because the adjustment is not visually perfect does not mean, that the algorithm does not work. The algorithm just adjusts for what it finds in the exif data. Additional effects like differences between exif and real exposure and the effects that non linear tools in lightroom cause have to be corrected afterwards with the visual deflicker. You can add refine it until the curve is smooth. Check out my new holy grail tutorial in the tutorials section.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: