• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

problems with visual previews lrt5.7.2

#1 kayvarpen
setup: macbook pro 2019 16" i9 64gb ram

Ive started having a problem with my workflow when i start on Visual Previews.

When i press the button, it starts loading 15ish DNGs, then it stops for around a minute then opens 15 new ones and so on. after an hour it had made 2% progress, so i have not finished a project after this problem started.
This started after i got my new sony a7iv, but i cant think of a reason this would have something to to with it.

ive also put LRT, Lightroom and Adobe DNG Converter on the trusted list in my anti virus (Intego Virus Barrier)

Does anyone have any tips for me?? have a bunch of projects i really want to finish..

thanks!
// Kay
#2 Gunther
Hi, it seems the visual preview creation runs into timeouts due to the massive files from your new camera.

To prevent this go to the settings / expert settings and lower the amount of parallel threads to the half of the value. Also increase the timeout time to 45 secs or 60 secs. See if that's enough. If you still get timeouts, lower the amount of threads even more.

There is also a FAQ about that: https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-vis...w-previews
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 kayvarpen
Thanks for the reply, gwegner!

I tried this also but its the same problem, now it just starts with fewer threads then waits a long time before loading new ones. Do you really think its the file size? the sony a7iv is just a 33mp camera. i tried to redo a timelapse taken with my a7iii which used to not have this problem, but now does. i havent done anything with any settings. The problem started after i had a break from timelapsing, so didnt use it for some months.

the only difference on my system is this new virus program, but i tried to delete i and reinstalled lrtimelapse. the problem was the same. ive also added lrtimelapse, adobe dng and lightroom to the trusted files-list.

annoying problem when i have to stop in the middle of the workflow because it doesnt work..
#4 Gunther
Did you try the tips from the faq that I linked to?
Please send me the log file if the problems persist (info menu/show log)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: