• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QDSLR Dashboard

#1 airborne4vr
QDSLR Dashboard has been unavailable to update or download from TestFlight going on two months now. I emailed the developer (Zoltan) and he stated that he was aware that it’s down. Has there been any news as to whether or not the app will still be available? I’m not even able to use the already installed version that I downloaded prior. This greatly reduces my ability to do Holy Grail time lapses with the LRtimelapse 3. I’m fortunate to have a Timelapse+ View. It would be a great idea if Gunther Wegner would develop an alternative to QDDB!
#2 Gunther
I can assure you that that whole Apple mess is not Zoltans fault. Apple has a monopoly on their App Store and if they find any reason not to list an app (in this case a legal complaint from one (!) user) they just block the app, no questions asked.
Apple doesn't provide any way for a manual download of apps like it's possible with Android or any other platform.

This is no fresh news: any Apple user voluntarily vouches to play according to these rules and put it's complete IT ecosystem in the hands of one single company - that's only one of the possible consequences.

So my advice is: find someone who has an old Android phone or tablet in a drawer (most Android users have) or buy one at ebay for 30-50 bucks. This is still way cheaper than any external dedicated device for holy gail and works much more performant.
You don't need any SIM card. Just reset it to factory settings. Now you can setup a new google account to install qDslrDashboard via playstore. If you had bought it before, Zoltan can also provide you an APK which you can directly install by loading it via USB to that device, then you don't even need the Google account.

The advantage of having a dedicated device for the timelapse control is also that your precious phone will be free for other things, like taking photos from your setup and posting them to instagram. Make sure to tag @LRTimelapse then you'd have the chance to be reshared ;-)
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 mopperle
I can confirm what Gunther said. Devs are often treated by Apple like sh... I'm working for company doing 3.3 billion USD and when we have to update an app which is only available through the appstore for our enterprise customers, it is nearly impoosible to make it available in a short time frame.
A while ago I did what Gunther suggested and bought a cheap Andorid tablet. The only thing I was looking for was enough RAM and a fast CPU.
Gruß/regards

Otto
#4 Andre583
Which tablet did buy and how much RAM do you use?

...also check out: