• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Recommended camera slider – best value for the money

Question
#1 OutlawPete
Hi all,

I'm looking for any recommendations for camera sliders – both sliding and rotation/ tilting. I've seen the gear review videos of Gunther. Maybe someone among you have other experiences?

As I new to TL photography I don't wanna spend a fortune, but on the other hand I don't want the cheapest solution ending up in a second buy Smile

Thanks a lot!
#2 richparry
There is a lot of slider information available in this forum, I have a Kessler slider, but it is too short and too heavy so I rarely use it. I am planning on purchasing the Rhino EVO slider which was supposed to ship in July, then Aug 1, and now late Aug. The date keeps slipping.

http://rhinocameragear.com/products/rhin...evo-carbon

A slider is a big investment in time, equipment, tripods, carrying case, setup, etc. The results are great, but it is a lot of work so beware.

If you don't have an eMotimo, I would start with that first for motion control and then move to a slider.

Good luck,
Canon user: 5DM3, 5DM2, Rhino Slider (24" & 42"), Emotimo TB3. Use Adobe ACR and AE.
#3 OutlawPete
(2015-07-23, 07:06)richparry Wrote: There is a lot of slider information available in this forum, I have a Kessler slider, but it is too short and too heavy so I rarely use it. I am planning on purchasing the Rhino EVO slider which was supposed to ship in July, then Aug 1, and now late Aug. The date keeps slipping.

http://rhinocameragear.com/products/rhin...evo-carbon

A slider is a big investment in time, equipment, tripods, carrying case, setup, etc. The results are great, but it is a lot of work so beware.

If you don't have an eMotimo, I would start with that first for motion control and then move to a slider.

Good luck,

Thanks a lot!

Maybe I should get more confident with TL photography before investing in too much gear. I just find the TL videos with cam pans very nice Smile

...also check out: