• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reducing length of Time lapse video

#1 Cammo
Hi guys,

I have a few cameras working on a project and it is now finished and the cameras have shot around 18,000 photos each over a six month period. I would like to present a finished video that isn't more than about 5 minutes. Problem is, that is 60 FPS and I think it will be too jumpy? What are your thoughts?

I was wondering if something around 20-25 FPS would look better and with that in mind, is it possible to get LRTimelapse to grab only 40% of the frames or something like that?

Thanks in advance!

Cam
[size=small][font=Trebuchet MS]Cam Laird - Photographer | Australia | www.cameronlaird.com[/font][/size]
#2 Ulli
I think you've to decide which type of video you want to have at the end and speed up the footage in your videoediting software so you get the legth you want.
LRTimelapse is the wrong piece to grab only 40% of your pictures, that has to be done in LR or whatever ist the software you use to render the frames. But using 40% seems not a good idea - leaving every second picture with constant speed in the video should be better.

...also check out: