• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Remnants left behind during loading version 6.1.1

#11 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, It is the same display as in my original mail, on this thread.

Rodrigo
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#12 Gunther
Please do another test where you deactivate your virus scanner and any "security" software, just to see, if this solves the problem.
It it persists, could you please record a screencast of what's happening? Send the video via https://fromsmash.com/ to support@lrtimelapse.com
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#13 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, I disabled Mcafee then launched LRT but the same problem happened, Have done a video and sent it to you at support.

Rodrigo
#14 rodrigo
Hi Gunter, I have found thet the VPN has something to do with it as well.

In Mcafee virus software I swished off the firewall, the Real time scanning and there was no change, then it came to me, what about the VPN switched off all three and also it does load faster as well and doesn't leave any remnant when loading.
I wonder if nickgrierphoto and any other LRT users can corroborate the findings

Rodrigo
#15 Gunther
Hi Rodrigo,
I've received your screencast and it helped.
It's only the splashscreen that has a faulty last frame in this version. That means that after the animation played once you will see that strange artifacts. So on computers, where LRTimelapse takes long to launch, you will get this at the end of the animation until the UI comes up.
I will fix this in the next update. I will then make the splash screen freeze at the end with the last frame of the animation, as it used to be.

However, still your startup time is quite slow. I suspect that you have a computer that is a bit older and possibly o lot of drives connected which need to be scanned.
I'd recommend to define the parent folders that you are going to use with LRTimelapse under Settings / Folders - this will restrict the folder scanning to those folders and speed up the loading process.
#16 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, reding through your kind reply earlier on, I decided to switch off 2 x 4TB drivers out of the system, it has 4 drivers attached to it plus the system © drive,
it loaded LRT almost immediately and there is no residue showing.

My system

Operating system Windows 10

Processor : AMD FX™-8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.50 GHz

Memory :32mb

System Type : 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Rodrigo
#17 Gunther
So now you know which drives are slowing things down. Defining the timelapse parent folders in the LRTimelapse settings will definitely help then.
#18 rodrigo
Hi Gunther, Please forgive my ignorance where can I find about how to "Defining the timelapse parent folders in the LRTimelapse settings will definitely help then".

Rodrigo
#19 Gunther
Go to Settings / Folders and define the main (parent) folders where your Timelapses and Intermediary sequences are located.
This will restrict LRTimelapse to scan and display only those folders.
I've explained it in the video with the news in LRTimelapse 6, see https://youtu.be/UGY3WQq2NE0
#20 rodrigo
Thanks Gunther, the video tutorial is excellent, concise, informative and straight to the point; thank you very much.

Rodrigo

...also check out: