• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Renumbering images?

#1 BobB
I know this isn't a question directly for LR Timelapse, and that it is a totally newb question (sorry), but I hope someone might give me a few pointers on how to proceed.

Yesterday, I shot a nice sequence of photographs for a timelapse. Little did I realize that half way thru the shoot my image numbering system got to its end (9999). The camera then continued (without interruption) to store images in a new folder beginning with 0001. So, the first half goes from #### to 9999, while the second half goes from 0001 to ####.

I've dl'ed this sequence to my harddrive. What I need to do is renumber this sequence so LR Timelapse can work with them in the proper numerical and chronological sequence. I use Lightroom 4.1, if that helps. Any suggestions on how to get this done are gratefully appreciated. Thank you.
#2 Gunther
Hi, normally LRTimelapse has no problem with the numbering, as long as
1.) ExifTool is installed
2.) You initialized the Sequence, so that the Date-Column is filled (this is what Exiftool is needed for)
3.) The Checkmark on "Sort by Filename" is NOT checked.

However you can batch rename your files in Lightroom. Just hit "F2" for the renaming dialog with a lot of options.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 BobB
(2012-07-16, 15:21)gwegner Wrote: Hi, normally LRTimelapse has no problem with the numbering, as long as
1.) ExifTool is installed
2.) You initialized the Sequence, so that the Date-Column is filled (this is what Exiftool is needed for)
3.) The Checkmark on "Sort by Filename" is NOT checked.

However you can batch rename your files in Lightroom. Just hit "F2" for the renaming dialog with a lot of options.

Thank you (again).
#4 Norbert_BT
Also the rename section in "Automator" app (Mac) can help you with many options too.

...also check out: