• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread Closed

Save doesnt work with 'upside down images'?

#1 Bas
Hi,

The strangest thing happened with my latest shoot. (melting ice-cubes in a glass of whiskey).

I had the camera upside down on my tripod, and had to rotate them 180 degrees in Lightroom. After writing out the xmp data and loading them into lrtimelapse, i used the deflickr function, and hit the save button.

But, nothing happened. It said cancel for a few seconds in the upper-right corner, but the save bar wasnt showing. No message, nothing.
I tried another folder of images and those worked fine with the savebutton. I have searched for 'read only' or something, but that wasnt the case.

After that I exported the images the altered images in lightroom, into a new folder, with the hunch that it maybe something in the original images that keeps it from saving metadata. After all, LRtimelapse works with the original images, and i saw it upside down in the preview. Maybe its the rotation button that is blocking xmp writing?

Again, it doenst work. It just doesnt save those images...

I am lost. other folders work fine, except this shoot...

www.thetimewriters.com - recording the future
#2 Bas
Anothet strange thing.
Those exported images kept their original xmp file info.
In other words, It again gave values for crop, clarity and all those, when it supposed to be a very clean just exported image.

what am I doing wrong??
#3 Bas
Okay, so this time I exported those images with 'minimal embedded metadata'
I imported them back in lightroom, gave it a slight exposure bump, saved all the metadata,
and guess what. It worked. It saved the exposure settings as it should.

Now I have two questions left.
1) what was going wrong with the originals
2) for the 'two pass' option, is it normal you have to save without writing metadata? Is it normal it keeps things as crop from the original edit, or is this something abnormal?
#4 Gunther
Bas, I assume you worked with jpg im terms of a "2nd pass". Lightroom seems to export the development settings into the XMP of the already processed JPGs this somewhat confusing LRTimelapse (JPGs already processed, development settings still conained). I recommend to do it like you did: export JPGs with minimized Metadata before when making a second pass.

BTW: It has nothing to do with the rotation...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#5 Gunther
I just checked: in the workflow-description for the 2-pass workflow I said to check "minimize metadata" ;-)

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...d-workflow
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 Bas
(2011-06-19, 18:25)gwegner Wrote: I just checked: in the workflow-description for the 2-pass workflow I said to check "minimize metadata" ;-)

http://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-how-...d-workflow

Right Smile
My bad!
And thx!

But, as for the other question. I have done what I should have done immediatly after the problems began. I deleted everything, and began again. It al seems to work oke right now. So it was a huge Bug somewhere in the whole import I guess.

Consider it solved.

...also check out: