• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Setting to stop LRT from reading folder contents

#1 npaisnel
I have an old Mac Pro 5.1. and Light room 5.
It was great in its day but I can no longer afford new kit.

So when i have the Main LRT screen up with the folder browser window open..if I accidentally click a folder instead of the little disclosure arrow to show sub folders..LRT trees to each for and examine all the files in the folder I acccidently clicked..if it happens to be a folder with lots of images..then it can take so long for the spinning ball to disappear. I often have to Force Quit LRT or go out for some time..amek coffee and come back..

Is there a way to stop LRT from examining the folder contents till, for instance, the Refresh Button is pressed?
#2 Gunther
No, but you can click on any other folder to abort the process.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 npaisnel
Ah ..well no..not when the beach ball is spinning..the app is 'frozen' until it stops and goes back to a normal pointer.

Guess I'll just ahve to put up with it and be more careful with the clicks..

Old computer ...
#4 npaisnel
I have finally worked out to o how to use the Drag To LightRoom button...it is just a matter of waiting...and wining. jsut used it to drag a sequence of only a couple of hundred of images to Lightroom 5.
From dragging and holding the mouse pointer in the Library of LR, it takes a count of 35-40, seconds' for the pointer to change to the 'Add ' pointer
#5 Gunther
That computer seems to be really slow, maybe not the best choice for timelapse...
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#6 npaisnel
Well it is the best I have got ..It was a $4000 computer in its day..2009-2010.. my situation has now changed..so unless I can see/ borrow a newer machine to see how much the performance has improved I will have to put up with it.

Maybe more RAM will help..just currently 32Gb ..only two of the 8 slots populated.

2x 6-Core Intel Xeon 3.33 GHz

OSX Mojave... it cannot take any higher.

to do maybe 2-3 long time-lapse shoots per year..if that ..oand only to stick up on Facebook..not really worth spending big money...Even paying for LRT was a very big expense..as we have discussed before. Using Light room 5..and again that is not an expense I can justify .if it would even run on this machine

My alternative is to run on my old Windows XP machine Wink

...also check out: