• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

ability to set location of Temp folder in OSX

#1 chasg
Hi Gunther,

With reference to my recent post https://forum.lrtimelapse.com/Thread-whe...7#pid52387 I'd like to request the ability to set the location of an LRT-specific Temp folder in OSX. While it is possible in Windows (using the steps you pointed me to), I haven't found a way to do it in OSX, so we Mac users could use your help.

I know that many people order Macs with relatively small boot drives (mine is only 256GB) to keep initial purchase costs down, and use external drives for their work. My boot drive usually has only 50GB or so free (and this is when I'm constantly working hard to keep it relatively uncluttered), and so my recent render could not be completed, due to the Temp file filling up.

I have a nice, fast, 2TB external Thunderbolt drive that I use for scratch for numerous programs, and it'd be really helpful to be able to use it for LRT too. And even if other Mac users don't have super-fast drives to work with, being able to set the location of an LRT-specific Temp folder would still help with renders large enough to fill a Temp folder on a smaller boot drive.

Cheers!

Chas
#2 Gunther
An option to define a custom temp folder has been implemented in LRTimelapse 6.1.
You can configure it in the Settings / Expert Settings. Make sure to restart LRT after the changed.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.

...also check out: