• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should I use keyframes in longterm construction timelapse

#1 Jstafield
Hi,

Apologies if this information is somewhere else but I couldn't find it in forum or on Construction timelapse video (The construction video tutorial talks about using the filters but doesn't mention keyframes).

Should I use multiple keyframes or a single keyframe (or no keyframes) for long term timelapse? I'm doing a project that is 12 months long. Some of the construction happens at night so there are many transitions from day to night to day. Would this mean I would need multiple keyframes (day keyframe and night keyframe) for each individual day for the keyframe animations to be appropriate?

Thanks!

Josh
#2 Gunther
Of course it depends of the result you want to achieve.
Personally I would recommend to do separate the day and the night images and edit two progressions of the contruction site, one by day and one by night.
It's easy to filter for the Light and Dark images with the filters.
After that further filter each of those sets until you get a good progression of the works.
At the very end, you can use keyframes to do the final edits on both sequences.

Of course this is only one approach - but having a construction timelapse constantly pulsating from day to night doesn't look good at all

With my idea, when finished, you could even do a crossfade between the day and the night sequence in a video editing program - that way it would look as if the whole construction starts at day and ends at night. At the end, it comes down to your creativity what you want to do. LRTimelapse offers all the tools.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Jstafield
Thanks Gunther, the client isn't as interested in aesthetics so much as the construction process so I'll give them one with everything in order (without using key frames) and then use filter to do a daytime only sequence using keyframes.

...also check out: