• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Skies of the Western U.S. - Highlights of 2019

#1 jchapell
After years of using LRT and learning from Gunther's ebook and this great forum, this is my first time posting! Here is my highlight reel of timelapses from 2019:
https://youtu.be/i5aupGdmqLs

We are backpackers/hikers/mountaineers (at least as much as parents of 2 kids can be), so nearly all of these timelapses were set up as part of those adventures rather than dedicated timelapse compositions. While that means I am regularly humbled by the work I see on these boards and elsewhere by your talented creations, I am pleased with what I was able to capture here in some beautiful areas - primarily in Colorado, California, Utah, and Oregon.

The shots were taken with a variety of Sony a7rIII, A6400, and either Laowa 15mm F2, Tamron 17-28 F2.8, Sony Sony 55 F1.8, Sony 70-300, or maybe RX100. Everything was assembled in LRT (sometimes multiple times) and the final project was created in Final Cut.

I would appreciate any feedback -- while I've spent many hours working on timelapses I'm still an amateur and can benefit from your insight!
Photography Website: www.jordanchapell.com
#2 AndyMc
Well I must say that you've done a remarkable job with a family in tow :-) Now that mine have grown up & gone, I'm still struggling to put something together with just a wife & two dogs!!
The only comment I have is that the individual clips were a little short to take in the magnificent scenery.
I'll be looking forward to some more.
#3 jchapell
I appreciate the comment! Once I picked the song and started assembling the overall project, I realized I had more footage than I knew what to do with...but your comment is a good lesson that less is more Wink
#4 hugebob
What version of LRT did you use: private or pro? Is there a significant difference between an 8-bit and a 16-bit video?
#5 jchapell
Hugebob - I used private, and I can't say if there is a huge difference between 8 and 16 bit...I did keep it at 4K, but didn't export it to 16 bit (I think!)...I shoot compressed raw on my sony cameras, and I'm working on a laptop, and exported it for web sharing at 4K, but then still need to create a reference version from final cut, which will be several gigs, but haven't done that yet. I hope that's helpful!

...also check out: