• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#1 Javier
Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for this software, it´s a big help for those who works with this kind of proyects.

I´m having some problems I would like to comment:

- I have installed LRT4 and LR5.
- The main problem I have is with the flicker of my sequence. Actually I always shoot in M mode, so aperture, shutter and ISO values doesn´t change at all but in spite of it I have flicker in the images. I don´t use external intervalometer, just the function (Interval shooting) built in my own camera (Nikon d610) wich I think is the main cause of making me the flickers. I´m not sure why this is happening but I supossed is something wrong with the buffering between the interval shoots (in the last case wasn´t too quickly, just 5 seconds and I was shooting at 1/100) although I think my card is fast enough. I don´t know if anyone have had the same problem but it doesn´t worry me too much since I think for my purposes it´s not need at all.
- So I have to put keyframes manually, I mean not the blue one but the little red triangle.
- I think I follow all the next steps but when I return my sequence from LR the luminance curve still the same with the same flicker.
In LR I´m not sure what I must do wth the keyframes affected. I do color correction for all of them, well for one and then syncronized them and then in LRT nothing happens.

I have wacthed all the tutorials but I couldn´t have find the problem in my workflow.

Please, I would be very gratefull if anyone could help me.

Greetings
Javier.
#2 Gunther
Javier,
1) the internal intervalometer does not cause flicker.
2) You never have to set the orange keyframes manually, if you do - you might introduce flicker. Just follow the workflows, read my instructions, watch my tutorials, read my ebook. The orange trangles will only be created, if you shot using the special "holy grail method", where you manually change camera settings during shooting.
3) Flicker will be eliminated by the Visual deflicker at the end of the workflow.

I think you are mixing up some things, so please check the resources I've mentioned!
http://lrtimelapse.com/tutorial
http://lrtimelapse.com/workflow
http://lrtimelapse.com/shop/ebook
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 Javier
Thanks a lot for your answer Gunther.
If the internal intervalometer doesn´t cause the flicker, what does it cause?, because I always shoot in "manual" mode without touching aperture or shutter speed.
I understand what you said about orange keyframes, I shouldn´t work with them unless I move any parameters.
I promise you I´ve wacthed your tutorials (several times) and read your instructions (several times also), and for the moment, because I won´t give up, I couldn´t get a good result.
The last try I´ve done: I put several blue keyframes, because I learned it´s not necessary to put one for each light change. Then I edit them in LR trying to match each one with it previous. Then save metadates and read them from LRT. And unlike others time I get to have a mirror luminance curve, what I thought it was a good signal but finally it was the same, I couldn´t eliminate flicker. Sad
I will try again, I must be doing something wrong but I can´t identify what.

Thanks again.
#4 Gunther
Flicker can happen, even if you shoot in Manual mode - it might be apertre flicker, like explained here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVnqd4f3Kmk
Again: Flicker will get automatically removed via visual deflicker.
No need to "match" any keyframes manually with LRTimelapse 4.
Just follow the workflows, use the Keyframes Wizard to generate 3 or 4 keyframes, edit the keyframes in LR and at the very end use the visual deflicker to remove flicker.

Please post some screenshots if you still can't get it going.
#5 Javier

Thanks again for you reply Gunther and thanks also for the link in where you explain about the flicker. I´d heard about it but watching it is much more clear.

Seems I´m getting something better but in both case I´ve tried I'd to push the deflicker button until the end (50) to get something accurate, and finally it´s not so accurate as I would like because the flicker hasn´t disappear completely but its frecuency is faster.  I don´t know if I explain myself: at first sight you would say has disappear but is still there, slightly. If I don´t push the deflicker botton until the very end it doesn´t work and you recomended not to do it.

I´m going to upload a screenshot of the end of the process.

Thanks a lot for helping.
Javier
#6 Gunther
This indeed looks like typical aperture flicker.
You should set a reference area for the deflicker (explained in the tutorials / ebook) and you could refine the deflicker once or twice after applying it to get even better results.
#7 Javier
Thanks a lot Gunther. Seems I´m getting something acceptable. I have to practice a little more to get some facility.
On the other hand, I´m getting some problems with the export function but for the moment I haven´t read a lot about it so I ´m not going to ask you, for the moment. Smile

Again thank you.
Cheers.

Javier
#8 Javier
Hi Gunther,

Everything was going fine but suddenly, LRT doesn´t recognize the changes I've made in my sequences about shutter speed and aperture, so the "holy grail" function is not available (grey) although after following the normal steps I get good results. Do you know something about this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Javier
#9 Gunther
The Holy Grail function will only be activated, if the sequence is shot in M Mode.
If this is the case, sometimes Restarting LRTimelapse helps to unlock the button.
#10 Javier
ok, thanks Gunther.

Regards.

...also check out: