• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sony A7RII won't fire

#1 starman99
I just purchased the LRT Pro Timer version 3 and can't get it to work with my Sony A7RII. I have a Godex TR-S2 timer that works fine and I'm using its Sony “Multiport” RM-SPR1 cable with the LRT Pro Timer. I've ready the FAQs and tried everything that is recommended. I'm wondering if you have had other users with the same a7RII camera have success with LRT Pro? Thanks. Rick
#2 Gunther
No, there are no known issues with that camera. If you can trigger it with another Intervalometer on the Multiport, it should work with the LRT PRO Timer too.
The most important thing to check is that the cable is properly inserted in the port on the timer.
Also it must be the correct cable: 2.5mm TRS (tip + 1 ring + sleeve) to Multiport.

Some cables are TRRS (tip, 2 rings, sleeve), those won't work.
Maybe try a different cable if you can, here you can find a list of cables:
https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/camera-release-cables/
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 starman99
Yes this is a TRS to Multiport cable that works fine with my Godox TR-TX wireless intervalometer. I'm wondering there is something very basic I'm missing in the menu system of the LRT Pro Timer.
#4 Gunther
You can try to reset the timer to factory settings (settingsmenu) if you think there is something wrong with the settings.
The default settings should work fine.
The only reason I'm aware of where a unit didn't fire was either the plug of the release cable not inserted correctly (happens often) or a defective cable.

Did you try the second port of the timer also?

Maybe you could try the Timer on another camera to rule out any defect with the hardware.
#5 starman99
Okay, tried resetting, no luck. It has firmware 29. Both camera ports are on. Yes, the jack is plugged in all of the way. Tried it on both camera ports.

I don't have another camera to try it on as I don't have a cable for my Canon 5D Mark II without making a purchase.

The unit does count down and appears to be firing, however it's not triggering the camera.

Also, I'm not sure it's charging the internal battery either. Is there a charging icon when being charged? It did have some charge when I got it from Amazon. It's now 6% and Bat, C0, is fluctiuating between 536 and 537. It's plugged into a USB charger.
#6 Gunther
Okay, please send me an email to support(at) lrtimelapse.com, add your invoice (from the Amazon backend) and we'll find a solution.

...also check out: