• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Can't get Sony A7R3 to trigger the shutter

#1 dmcgrew
I just got the LRT Pro Timer 3 yesterday. I have the firmware updated on it. For some reason I cannot get it to trigger the shutter though. Its weird because there's definitely some kind of signal being sent through the cable. When my camera falls asleep I set the timelapse to start and my camera wakes up.. but the shutter does not fire. The timelapse mode is running on the Pro Timer as I can see the shots counting down on the screen.

I have tried changing the autofocus and release timing settings but that hasn't made a difference.

The shutter release cable is one that I received with a lightning trigger that I use. It seems like a normal standard shutter release cable, pretty much identical to the one Gunther recommends. I tested the shutter release cable with my lightning trigger and it works.

I actually have two Sony A7R3 bodies and I can't get either one to work.

Not really sure where the issue is. Anyone have any ideas that I could try?
#2 Gunther
Hi, please check the first faq on this page: https://lrtimelapse.com/lrtpt/faq/
Hope that fixes your issues.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 dmcgrew
Hey Gunther, thanks for the reply. I've tried all of those things. I actually ordered the shutter release cable that you recommended. It should be here tomorrow. I have no idea why but that's the only piece of equipment which I feel like could be the problem.
#4 Gunther
Ok - did you try both ports on the timer?
It's really important that the cable is really pushed in all the way in the port on the timer.
AF on the camera is definitely off?
To exclude any configuration issues put the Cam into M mode, then in the LRT PRO Timer go to mode "TL Astro/B" use the default settings (5/2) - this will trigger the camera for 2 secs every 5 secs.
Let me know, what happens.
#5 dmcgrew
Just tried all of those things and it didn't work. The cable is definitely plugged in as far as it can go. AF definitely off. Tried port 1 and 2 and also tried Astro/B mode. I have attached some pics that show the cable. I'm still going to assume the cable is the issue. I'll have the new one tomorrow and I'll report back once I try it out.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

#6 Gunther
Ok, please let me know.
#7 dmcgrew
New shutter release cable solved it! Smile
#8 Gunther
Glad to hear that, that's what I expected! Enjoy!

...also check out: