• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LRT 6.1 doesn't work; downgrading doesn't fix it. (WELL THAT WAS DUMB - FIXED)

#1 big0mike
Apparently the program was minimized and tabbing to it nor selecting it on the task bar would do anything.

I hovered over the icon in the taskbar and when the white "preview" popped up I right clicked and said maximize. I have an open LRT 6.1 window now. Let's see if it's working...

UPDATE TWO:

It appears to be working but if I minimize the program the ONLY way to get it back open is to hover over the icon in the task bar, wait for the preview to pop-up (which is not blank after I got it working on images) and right click selecting maximize.

+++++++++++++

I'm in Glacier National Park hoping to work on a day to night time lapse as we speak. I open LRT 6.04 and it says update to 6.1. I update and relaunch and see it's wanting to update DNG so I do and relaunch.

LRT won't work. It shows the splash screen for a few second and disappears. There is an icon in the task bar. When I hover it shows a white window and selecting it does not open any window. ALT-TABbing to it does nothing.

In Task Manager I see:

OpenJDK Platform binary (8)
Console WIndow Host PID 12644
Console Window Host PID 15160
exiftool.exe (32 big) PID 7860
exiftool.exe (32 big) PID 4568
exiftool.exe (32 big) PID 12464
exiftool.exe (32 big) PID 7264
exiftool.exe (32 big) PID 7432
LRTimelapes 6.0.4/6.1 PID 9460 using .2% of the CPU

Tried downgrading back to 6.04. Same thing.
Tried downgrading DNG back to 14.3. Same thing.

Win 10 version 21H1, build 19043.1889

Typically at home I have a 4k external monitor I have LRT running on. I thought it might be trying to launch on it even though it's not there but the preview window when I hover over the icon in the taskbar is blank. I tried adjusting my screen resolution and setting it back as I know that has solved issues similar to this for other software.

Thoughts?

Mike
#2 Gunther
Maybe the window locations in the settings file have been stored to be outside your screen (you worked with an external monitor before). To fix this:

Restart your computer, try again, see if it works now.

If the problem persists:
- Close LRTimelapse (!)
- Go to Documents\LRTimelapse open the LRTimelapse.log file.
In the second line you will find something like:
2022-08-17 20:07:11 [INF] Reading settings from C:\Users\gwegner\AppData\Roaming\LRTimelapse\LRTimelapse.config
- Delete the settings file mentioned there. The exact folder will be shown in your log.

After that reopen LRTimelapse and it should restore the windows at the default positions.
Subscribe to: LRTimelapse Newsletter, Youtube Channel, Instagram, Facebook.
#3 big0mike
Maybe that's what was going on... I left this morning to go take more photos and it seems to be working normally. Yesterday, in playing with that thought I dragged the program by the top bar down so it would un-maximize it and then resized it. Maybe that made it forget? I'll remember that log if it happens again.

...also check out: